• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Glt,

I saw the last version of your code. I made the modifications to use it in dual mono, added the fumction to use selectmode with the remote and the master trim.

Question: what is the story about the de-emphasis? I don't remember TP, but it looks like you disable that. I don't knowuch on the matter, but from what I read on internet, shouln't it be emabled? It appears in two different register values.

Thanks,

Davide

Thanks Russ and Davide for sharing the info.

I don't think I would have figured it out through experimentation in a million years.

I might add that the remapping behavior also happens when you reduce the number of (digital parts) dacs due to increasing the quantizer bit size.

Experiment: Consider the even dacs. Use 8-bit quantizer (this turns off 2 or the 4 even dacs). If you flip the phase on all the even dacs, you get silence.

This may be a detail for BIII users in dual mono: Use 6-bit or 7-bit and no source remap (and all 4 dacs have the phase flipped) Switch to 8-bit or 9-bit and then you get silence...

Another observation: if DACXB is in relation to DACX, in what situation would you use DACXB in-phase with DACX?

You want the Crystek CCHD950-25-100, available from Mouser.

CCHD-950-25-100.000 Crystek Corporation Standard Clock Oscillators

We have them build by Crystek in batches but the quantities are aligned with the DACs we need to build, so we don't have extras floating around. When I prototype, I buy a few from Mouser.

As for ease of replacement, that really depends on the tools and skills available to you. I would typically use a hot-air rework station. Since it doesn't have pins, it's almost impossible to remove with an iron, unless you want to dissect the XO and systematically cut it up (destroy it).

Joined 2009
Paid Member

We have them build by Crystek in batches but the quantities are aligned with the DACs we need to build, so we don't have extras floating around. When I prototype, I buy a few from Mouser.

As for ease of replacement, that really depends on the tools and skills available to you. I would typically use a hot-air rework station. Since it doesn't have pins, it's almost impossible to remove with an iron, unless you want to dissect the XO and systematically cut it up (destroy it).

Thanks, I have a hot-air station so I ordered the 100MHz clock to Mouser.

I have outlined a non-destructive method here: BII 80MHz + 352.8KHz Audio + Silence = Noise H i F i D U I N O (have not done it myself but looks good on paper :) )

Thank you, very illustrative link with nice pics.

Is there any difference between both sourcing of cristals?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
BII glitches/dropouts

After adding a pulse tx with a 75R & a 0.01uF ceramic cap still I have glitches/dropouts each 6 or 7 songs, stops 2 or 3 seconds & starts again playing.

I'm using S/PDIF input with hiFace & with a CD transport, with both I have the same issue, I tried to use D1 input instead S/PDIF changing the switch S/PDIF to off but no sound, the problem is with all formats 16bits/44kHz (CD transport) or hirez files with hiFace usb-s/pdif 24bits/192kHz or 24bits/352.8kHz (hiFace usb-s/pdif)

I left the DAC powered 30 minutes or more before playing music.

I heard changing the clock solves the problem for hirez files but my problem is with all formats, any idea to fix the issue?

AVCC module LED D2 don't lit

Attached pics pulse tx & S/PDIF switch in ON position.

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 246
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.