• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are using batteries and Tridents, you might want to use a linear pre-regulator (LCDPS) rather than a Placid. Shunts are very inefficient, so adding another high-current element will kill your batteries a lot faster than needed. There would not be much (if any) difference in the output voltage noise (and other characteristics) from the Tridents/AVCC regulators.

Hi

Just wandering if there will be a benefit of running each trident from separate LCDPS's and Placid, so clock Trident off a Placid, Core 1V2 Trident and 3V3 Trident off a LCDPS and the rest off another LCDPS. What I'm after is separating each supply section. Any opinions?. Will there be any issues with timing for the clock Trident being powered off Placid against the rest of B2 off LCDPS's?

Regards,

Peter.

Last edited:
Russ,

Thanks for the quick response. If I run signal to the DAC via USB What additional parts "kits" would I need to buy from Twisted pear in order to set this up? (other than the DAC and the USB receiever?). I'm sure this is answered but I seem to get a sea of information when I seach for this info.

Last edited:
Some thoughts about internal cabling both digital (S/PDIF) and analog output from the IVY, i am willing to spend some $ in the quest for the perfectly naturally balanced cable, am now running Silk Mk2 interconnects and Furutech rca and xlr .
I have partly decided to run twisted pair of the Silk mk2 at the output both balanced and se,
as for digital input i have ordered a Belden 1694A bnc/bnc and will modify my cd player into bnc.
The question that remains is:
what should i choose as internal wiring from the bnc to the buffalo S/PDIF input, the distance is max 2 in,

should i go for

-1694a shielded? might add some mecanical stress since the 1694 is quite stiff
-1694a stripped and center lead used both for + and -
-Silk mk2?
-other?
-other candidates as for the analogue cabling?

-Thanx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.