• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For your viewing pleasure. :)

Attachments

• DNR.jpg
    DNR.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 627
  • THDN.jpg
    THDN.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 609
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Cheers Merlin.

I am running one transformer/rail... + little one for +5V VD supply.
At least in my limited understanding of electronics, I am :)

@Nikola
Check your PMs. Don't want to step on toes ;)

In the pics seems that you are using toroids with two secondaries, so if you are regulating 7 rails, 6 per IVY III & 1 per BII you need 7 Tx.

Use only one Tx for each rail= 7 Tx, you can use also that's you have on hand simply paralleling to get more power & after only you need to add 4 Tx more same voltages & current like you are now feeding the IVY III & voilla, this setup it's to use the Tx that you have, but best will be only 1 Tx with only one secondary per each rail, do you understand me now?

Dear Russ:
thank you for the measurements - there is nothing like hard facts ;)
Regards,

Now if someone could give a brief explanation as to why these are good and how they compare to anything else, my curiosity would be satisfied. :)

Failing that, a link to somewhere that explains it would also be much appreciated.

PS 7 transformers! That would be one heavy DAC! You'd need a real Buffalo to carry it anywhere.

With the harmonics so low, I do not think there is any DAC+IVconverter+filter that beats this measurement. 3rd is at -122 dB and 2nd is even lower.
Still, it does not say how it sounds.

How THD+N is calculated from such a graph can be read about on Wikipedia. It is easy but tedious.

Regards,

Now if someone could give a brief explanation as to why these are good and how they compare to anything else, my curiosity would be satisfied. :)

Failing that, a link to somewhere that explains it would also be much appreciated.

PS 7 transformers! That would be one heavy DAC! You'd need a real Buffalo to carry it anywhere.

Listen guys Brian and I are a two man crew. We are making these things as fast as we can, and we are finding ways to make them faster.

Remember most of the parts we use are expensive, and the clocks are custom. We test all the units ourselves. Brian has an incredible amount of work with assembly/testing/shipping.There simply is no fast way to make these things with our current resources, but we are expanding those resources every day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.