• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mine are here too, arrived late this afternoon when I had given up for the day. I wouldnt worry too much about the tracking mate, USPS tracking is possibly the most useless of them all. almost always the last info they have is the point just before it leaves the US and then it appears not to move until it shows up unannounced. didnt have time to power it up today, but its all ready with the AVCC reg in place and I have tested the 2output stages i'm going to test it with and all is well, so tomorrow when I can crank it up, i'll have something more to say other than i'm quite impresed with the compact build and short as short decoupling paths.

Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi Brain,

I have the Metronome from you years ago,
Will the cd playback ok as fallows?

cdpro2......Metronome......buffalo

DATA..........D ................D2
WCLK.........LRC............. D1
SCLK..........BCK............ DCK
Gnd ..........Gnd..............Gnd

how about the fallowing connection?, do i need it?

MCk...........SCK............?????

Thanks Again
Arthur

Hi Brain,

I have the Metronome from you years ago,
Will the cd playback ok as fallows?

cdpro2......Metronome......buffalo

DATA..........D ................D2
WCLK.........LRC............. D1
SCLK..........BCK............ DCK
Gnd ..........Gnd..............Gnd

how about the fallowing connection?, do i need it?

MCk...........SCK............?????

Thanks Again
Arthur

That should work. You should not need MCK/SCK.

Joined 2001
Paid Member
ivy3

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your answer.

Can i simply use the opa1632 balance output stage to connect to a unbalance preamp input(+ve pin and gnd pin), as the driving power of 1632 is better?

Lastly i want to buy Joshua Tree kits from your homepage but everything is out of stock:eek:

Regards
Arthur

Last edited:
ES9018 heat?

Was wondering how warm/hot the Sabre chip runs on the Buffalo II PCB?

Was intending to mount it bottom side flush (with reliefs cut for misc capacitors and inductors) on a piece of spruce like my Attraction DAC.

Russ, any opinion if this would overheat the chip or not?

Anyone using transformers for output? If so, I'm curious to see your scheme or parts choice.

I've got a custom 48% nickel core pair ordered from Bud Purvine at Onetics. The primary will simply be connected between + and - outputs (for each DAC channel) and primary's center tap left floating.

1:1 ratio for a single ended output voltage of around 3.03V peak to peak dependant upon AVCC voltage. Or ground the secondary's center tap for a balanced output.

Simple. Hopefully not too much so.

I've got a custom 48% nickel core pair ordered from Bud Purvine at Onetics. The primary will simply be connected between + and - outputs (for each DAC channel) and primary's center tap left floating.

1:1 ratio for a single ended output voltage of around 3.03V peak to peak dependant upon AVCC voltage. Or ground the secondary's center tap for a balanced output.

Simple. Hopefully not too much so.

Can you link please to those trafos?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.