Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 11th June 2010, 02:55 PM   #631
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapSeller View Post
Is it possible to connect Left-Justified-I2S to the Buffalo II?
To say exactly, there are three PCM serial data formats,
1. Left-justified
2. Right-justified
3. I2S

ES9018 chip accepts all formats. However, a default selection of the chip is I2S and Buffalo II register setting is the same.
Therefore, when you want to connect left-justified signals, you need to set an appropriate register value on EC9018 chip. You can do this easily if you use Arduino board, for example.
Old 11th June 2010, 03:01 PM   #632
diyAudio Member

Thanks,

I have an Arduino I can use, where I can find instructions/documents about the relevant registers?
Old 11th June 2010, 03:03 PM   #633
diyAudio Member

You will need to sign an NDA with ESS and get the datasheet if you want the full list.
Old 11th June 2010, 08:25 PM   #634
diyAudio Member

Thanks Brian,
I'll try to contact ESS.
Old 16th June 2010, 12:13 PM   #635
diyAudio Member

Default Bad taste? Part time business selling Buf II for 2 360,79$

What do you think? Look at this: Buffalo II (HIREZ 32/192)og DDDAC (NOS redbook) selges

If you dont fancy translating from Norwegian, the short story is that this guy LMC has been making a part time business the last few years on assembling DIY-kits and selling them with quite a profit. 15K NOK = 2 360,79$. The DDDAC is no longer in favour with him and his diciples, but he has "modified" and sold many of them. I`ve heard of 5-tower DDDACs going for more than 2500$. At the bottom of this post you will find 3 ads for his "modified" DDDACs just from the last months posts in Norways largest hifi-community.

Now he has started buying up Buf II DACs for resale. Incorrect orientation of dip-switches - Buffalo DAC - Twisted Pear Audio Support

Is it only me thats getting provoked by somebody making a profit on TPs efforts while regular DIYs is standing in line waiting for their Buf II kits?

By the way, lots of kudos to TP for their brilliant service to the DIY-community. I love my Buf II!

Some examples of doing business with others DIY-kits:

5 tårns DDDAC 'LMC versjon'
5 tårns dddac
Slippe å stå i ordre/leverings-kø? BuffaloII dac vurderes solgt
Fem-tårns DDDAC selges - Black Gate, Mundorf, etc...
Old 16th June 2010, 04:28 PM   #636
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturlyd View Post
I`ve heard of 5-tower DDDACs going for more than 2500$.
Some people have plenty of money but little time I suppose. In my case, the opposite is true .

I think there have always been builders who make money by assembling parts into a finished product. I don't think it's a bad thing, but I can see how people could get annoyed when those parts are scarce. Mind you, it's not like this guy has an unfair advantage when it comes to buying TP gear - everyone has the same opportunity.

Just my opinion anyway, for what it's worth.
Old 16th June 2010, 04:39 PM   #637
diyAudio Member

TP products are for DIY use only, not for commercial use.
Old 16th June 2010, 06:33 PM   #638
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_G View Post
TP products are for DIY use only, not for commercial use.
If that's the bottom line from Russ and Brian then fair enough. I'm not sure how it's possible to regulate though, short of refusing to sell to known individuals.
Old 16th June 2010, 06:47 PM   #639
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
I personally am not one to care if an individual makes a couple (one or two) units to sell to friends.

It would be common courtesy for someone who was going to do so to ask permission first. I am very much more likely to say yes before the fact, not so much after.

The bottom line is we are reasonable guys, just be reasonable in return.
Old 30th June 2010, 08:41 PM   #640
diyAudio Member

hello folks
it´s true I´ve build loads of dac´s but it´s all been on request from people I know or someone who know of me.people that trust me and cannot build themselves
the dddac´s I´ve made are far more than a dac kit with a plain psu and cost has been around 1500usd a piece complete
anyone who knows all the soldering that it takes to assemble 60 tda1543s, psu´s, spdif and usb receivers etc not to mention all the mechanical work won´t mind paying for the extensive work
it´s always an option to do it oneself
as for the Buffalo´s I´ve built,they´ve been sold to upgrade to the newer versions including the latest one where I was asked if I wanted to sell it,but the buyer on my recommendation ordered a wired4sound dac since I couldn´t commit myself to promise when the control and remote modules for the BufalloII would be available
my reason for selling this one is that I want a version with the discrete Legato
the other one of the BuffaloII I built was bought on order from a friend who can´t build himself and asked me to do it for him,well aware of my margin
I work as a securities finance trader and am not giving away my spare time for free.
If people dislike me or what I stand for in the audio community it´s ok with me
I have quite a good standing in Scandinavia and people know I act professionally and always share my experience and for the few pieces I´ve built I always guarantee their operation for as long as I practically can(which has cost me quite a lot with the overheated dddacs)
due to this fact I have a lot of "followers" that scrutinize my every decision
funny that my fellow Norwegian cannot take this up with me instead of "ratting" me out like a veasel Quisling
have a nice summer; I will
best
Leif Christensen
Drobak
Norway

Hide this!Advertise here!