• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Done!

Thans for all help

P.

Attachments

• IMG_4025_resize.JPG
    IMG_4025_resize.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_4024_resize.JPG
    IMG_4024_resize.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_4022_resize.JPG
    IMG_4022_resize.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 401
Hi, I'd like to share my success story. :)
I just got my BII finished and hooked up.
It's a BII + Placid + Volumite + Toslink kit with Lundahl LL1588 transformers on the output.
I haven't had the chance to sit down and make a serious comparison but so far I like it. :D
Very smooth, detailed and with lots of air. It's just music playing effortlessly and relaxed.

Attachments

• 001 [640x480].JPG
    001 [640x480].JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 009 [640x480].JPG
    009 [640x480].JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 339
Would this Welborne tube output stage work well with the buffalo II?

Are the raw DAC outputs available directly from the DAC chip? Or are there op amps between the DACs raw output and the analog I/V output coming from the board?

DAC Tube Output Stage Kit

It seems that such tube output stage may work as an active current to voltage stage, but then you will loose one half of the differential current output. I believe it is not the best option.

It seems also that such tube output stage may work as a passive current to voltage stage, but then you will have 9018 at voltage mode. I believe it is not the best option also.

If I said something wrong, more experienced diy'ers are free to rectify any mistake.

In this case, a maximum level of raw output can be changed to some extent by changing the "quantizer bit length" parameter of ES9018.

There are no change in the output level between 6/7/8 bit quantizer in true or pseudo mode or 9 bit pseudo mode in a Sabre32 chip.

But due to the input mapping on a Buffalo some of the DAC channels will go in anti-phase if you only change the quantizer bit length.

If you use the SPDIF input and do not use the Buffalo input mapping you can use all quantizer settings without problems. This is due to the SPDIF receiver automatically maps all DAC channels in parallel and how the Sabre32 works with different quantizer mappings...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bunpei
In this case, a maximum level of raw output can be changed to some extent by changing the "quantizer bit length" parameter of ES9018.

There are also the possibility that you uses a Sabre32 with the Buffalo input connection style and have not mapped the inputs correctly...
If this is the case you will use only 1/2 of the DACs with some of the quantizer settings.....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.