• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I asked how much gain, not output amplitude.
What is the amplitude at the output of the DAC chip?

Then you are ignorant of the question you should be asking. ;)

This is current to voltage conversion, not voltage amplification. :)

Now if you are interested on how much current gets converted into how much voltage you can find that answer in two very convenient places. The above post, and the manuals/schematics. :cool:

Then you are ignorant of the question you should be asking. ;)

This is current to voltage conversion, not voltage amplification. :)

Now if you are interested on how much current gets converted into how much voltage you can find that answer in two very convenient places. The above post, and the manuals/schematics. :cool:

So, what is the DAC's output current?
What is the DAC's output amplitude when operating in voltage mode?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Volumite firmware question

Volumite Firmware for Buffalo-II Stereo/Buffalo-II Dual-Mono/Buffalo32S

I currently have the B32S w/volumite. My assumption is that the programming
(firmware) for the B32S is the same for the B32II. My firmware is from my B32S purchase back in May of 2009.

I ask because I will be switching to the B32II.

I would like to ask, if the 10VA rated Antek transformers are sufficient to power a placid and a placid bp (9+9 & 15+15) in their default configuration. Here is the data sheet:
http://www.antekinc.com/pdf/AN-01XX.pdf

I considered ordering transformers from TPA, but I have the feeling adding their weight to the buffalo2 box would definetly decrease my chances to get away without additional custom fees :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.