• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Twisted Pear Audio - Buffalo32S (ES9018 DAC)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Win some

I got one last night which made IT a Birthday Present to myself. :cloud9:

Seconds! I don't think last night lasted that long. Squeezed in using my work's T1 line. Cool! Never got close to getting one of the 1st Buffs. And an attempt to 'plant' my own ES9008 humbling and 'put me in my place.'

So Brian, seeing how one didn't have a real chance of selecting PS options and with the 3 weeks till May 11.
?A fair question: Can those of us that snagged only a DAC have a chance to add PS as at 'combination' price verses +$45/ ea?

Charles

Re: Microchip SW

phi said:
Hi,

I have read most of the first thread about the Sabre DAC but not this one about the Sabre32. I suppose that the PIC with SW is included and that the DIP-switch is to select different settings in a well documented way, or?

//Per

I am working on the manual right now.

The new controller is an AVR ATiny85. I like them much better than the PIC.

The switches are not the same as the older buffalo.

For now, unless I change my mind, There are three switchable settings:

DPLL Bandwidth in 4 steps: lowest, med low, med high, highest

FIR Roll off (fast/slow)

IIR Bandwidth(Normal/50Khz)

Switching between SPDIF and PCM does not require a controller switch anymore. :) Just switch the comparator switch on, and wire for SPDIF, or off and wire for PCM/DSD. Thats it!

Cheers!
Russ

Hi Russ and Brian,

Tried to get one, but was 1.32 seconds too late ;-)
Guess you will be busy building and distributing all the orders. Any idea when a next batch will be available? I would like to keep shipment of other products on hold until the Buffalo is available.
Cheers,

Matt

Russ and Brian, congratulations to your web shop design. Everything worked smoothly despite the very large number of calls your server had to handle during the first few seconds after the countdown.

One question:

Originally posted by Russ White

This first batch of buf32S was pretty small because it was untested.

Not sure I really understand what you mean. I'm assuming you tested a prototype board and I'm also assuming all boards of the first batch will be fully tested prior to shipment?

Kurt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.