• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo DAC (ESS Sabre 9008)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, how terribly bad luck for everybody! I hope it gets sorted out soon...... :(

chobint said:

Hey Beefy, I see that you are running an extra LCBPS for accesories, and I assume thats why the second transformer is rated at 30VA (not sure?). So does that mean the standard Buffalo + IVY layout will require two 15VA 2x0-15V transformers, or one 15VA 2x0-15V and one 15VA 2x0-12V? Just want to make sure the details are battened down before orders open up, thanks.

Yes, accessories are from the + of a LCBPS, but they will eventually be a second LCDPS that didn't come with my order (Hi Brian! ;))

But in answer to your actual question, I believe that you do need at least two transformers for a LCDPS and an LCBPS. The TPA Site says this: "*Please note that one transformer cannot power both a LCDPS and a LCBPS at the same time, as it will result in a short circuit of the Ground channels."

I specifically went for 0-12V for the second one because the semi-loaded voltage from my particular 0-15V transformers was 18VAC. Dropping to just 7.5VDC made the Vregs FAR too hot. The 0-12V gives a much more comfortable 13.4VAC and better heat properties.

The second transformer is 30VA because it is the smallest that I could get locally without having to pay shipping. I could easily go smaller, but at this point I'm happy to leave it.

Guys, just want to add my apologies to Brian's. We are probably going to switch hosting services because of this nasty lapse of "hosting service". Thanks for sticking with us.

We are trying to do what we think is the most fair. We felt like if we opened things up an hour late then some folks might not get a fair shake.

You guys are the best. Thanks again.

round the clock

Hi,
When I logged on to the site this morning (asia time zone), the ticking clock showed another 24 hr. wait. I thought the sale has been postponed. So I gather this is the same fault in a different manner. Hope the clock will not do a back to future on us next time round.
Cheers,
KK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.