Buffalo DAC (ESS Sabre 9008) - Page 33 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 13th September 2008, 12:43 AM   #321
markfin is offline markfin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Me too !

I'm going to bed although I'm not sure whether pushing F5 here is more interesting - how many people are trying here!

Good luck sorting it out
Old 13th September 2008, 12:43 AM   #322
diyAudio Member

@Brian:
Also, wouldn't hurt to put up a posting on the TPA website (if that is possible with server migrations). As previous posters have confirmed, I also watched the countdown go from zero straight to "Sorry, you are too late."

I'm sitting at the end of a long day with an empty stomach, so I'm not going to wait for this to resolve this evening. But hopefully everyone who is so enthusiastic about getting a Buffalo kit will be able to do so in a painless and fair way!

Side note: I've found GoDaddy to be a good registrar, but a poor host. Similar thing happened to me, and now I host elsewhere.
Old 13th September 2008, 12:43 AM   #323
diyAudio Member

Default I'd also like to be on the list

thanks
Old 13th September 2008, 12:45 AM   #324
diyAudio Member

Hey Brian!

I think you've just discovered a new variant of Murphy's Law! I've waited this long, what's another day... or week.

Thanks for trying to run this sale as fairly as possible.

Looney
Old 13th September 2008, 12:45 AM   #325
mikelm is offline mikelm  England
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mikelm
Brian - please give us enough warning about the new go time, I'll be pretty pissed also if after all this I miss one of these DACs
Old 13th September 2008, 12:46 AM   #326
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Digitalscrap
@Brian:
Also, wouldn't hurt to put up a posting on the TPA website (if that is possible with server migrations). As previous posters have confirmed, I also watched the countdown go from zero straight to "Sorry, you are too late."

I'm sitting at the end of a long day with an empty stomach, so I'm not going to wait for this to resolve this evening. But hopefully everyone who is so enthusiastic about getting a Buffalo kit will be able to do so in a painless and fair way!

Side note: I've found GoDaddy to be a good registrar, but a poor host. Similar thing happened to me, and now I host elsewhere.

I did just that and it is working (database pointers are good). http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/news.aspx

Maybe I should migrate the InStock setting from an XML file to the database...
Old 13th September 2008, 12:46 AM   #327
Hacker is offline Hacker  United States
diyAudio Member

You can place an order. Just follow my instructions above. If you use Linux or (I think) a Mac, edit the file "/etc/hosts" instead of c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.

Carl
Old 13th September 2008, 12:48 AM   #328
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hacker
You can place and order. Just follow my instructions above. If you use Linux or (I think) a Mac, edit the file "/etc/hosts" instead of c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.

Actually, that should no longer work.
Old 13th September 2008, 12:48 AM   #329
hayenc is offline hayenc  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hayenc
I would not consider it exactly fair to say we should place the order by hacking.
Old 13th September 2008, 12:50 AM   #330
Hacker is offline Hacker  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hayenc
I would not consider it exactly fair to say we should place the order by hacking.

Let me make this QUITE CLEAR: You are not hacking by following my instructions. You are changing a setting on your own computer that makes your browser load the Buffalo web page from the same server that Brian is using. There is no question of foul play.

Edit: I posted the instructions to enable people to work around Brian's ISP problems. I hoped it would prove useful to those who were in a rush and posted the work-around in good faith. I don't know Brian, am not affiliated with TP or GoDaddy in any way. Brian, if you want me to remove the post then you have only to ask, publicly or privately.

Kind regards,
Carl

Hide this!Advertise here!