• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

APPJ EL84 SE mini Tube Amp, PA0901A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
APPJ Integrated mini Tube Amplifier – PA0901A

A minimalist integrated amplifier with one pair of RCA inputs and a passive volume control to attenuate the output of its enhanced classical tube circuit comprised of a 6N4 (12AX7 or ECC83) twin triode feeding a single 6P14 (EL84 or 6BQ5) per channel, and also with our advanced switching power supply to deliver a 3.5 watts output per channel.

Tubes:
• Driver - 6N4 (12AX7 or ECC83)
• Power - 6P14 (EL84 or 6BQ5)

Specifications:
• Power Output: 3.5W+3.5W @ 8 ohms
• Frequency Response: 30-40Khz (+-1db)
• Input Sensitivity: 500mV
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio: -80dB / 3.5W
• Residual Noise < 1mVac
• Input AC Voltage: 100-250Vac
• Power Consumption: 38W
• Input Impedance: 50K ohms
• Output Impedance: 4/6/8 ohms (Japanese Z11 steel core, EI48*24 Output Transformers)
• Dimensions: 130mm (w) x 130mm (d) x 130mm (h)
• Weight: 2.6kg
• Input: RCA Jacks
• Output: Banana Jacks
• AC: Standard IEC Jack with Fuse protection (2A Fuse)

Price: USD190 + shippig cost

* Five colors are available now.

Attachments

• PA0901A-7.jpg
    PA0901A-7.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 2,056
  • PA0901A-26.jpg
    PA0901A-26.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 326
  • PA0901A-24.jpg
    PA0901A-24.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 314
  • PA0901A-22.jpg
    PA0901A-22.jpg
    618.9 KB · Views: 388
  • PA0901A-16.jpg
    PA0901A-16.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 1,753
  • PA0901A-9.jpg
    PA0901A-9.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 1,790
  • PA0901A-8.jpg
    PA0901A-8.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 1,913
  • PA0901A-6.jpg
    PA0901A-6.jpg
    548.5 KB · Views: 1,925
SPECIAL OFFER:
Hello,

I'm glad to provide special offer on PA0901A in March. Brand new Mullard EL84 and Mullard 12AX7/ECC83 go with PA0901A amps instead of the standard Chinese tubes, but the price of PA0910A with the MULLARD tubes remains the same, USD190 + shipping cost. This special offer is exclusively provided by Twin Audio. Mullard EL84 are provided in matched pair. The special offer is valid until 30-March-2013.
Brand New Re-issue MULLARD EL84 and 12AX7/ECC83 are from the New Sensor Corporation in New York. They feature warm, rich, thick tone, delivering all the sound you would expect from a tube with the Mullard name. Each tube comes in the original Mullard Retail Box.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Tony.

Attachments

• Mullard-12AX7-3.jpg
    Mullard-12AX7-3.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Mullard-12AX7-2.jpg
    Mullard-12AX7-2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Mullard-12AX7-1.jpg
    Mullard-12AX7-1.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Mullard-EL84-3.jpg
    Mullard-EL84-3.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Mullard-EL84-1.jpg
    Mullard-EL84-1.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 423
Hi Gro,

It is easy to buy the stuff through Paypal. My Paypal address is twinsaudio08@yahoo.com.hk To make the payment on Paypal website.
https://www.paypal.com/hk/webapps/mpp/home

The price of PA0901A tube amp is USD190+USD40 (shipping cost to France)=USD230
I will deliver the amp to you after I receive the payment.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
Tony

Hi Muzik 007,

My question may seem weird, but how can I process to purchase some of the stuff you present in this forum? :confused:
I am interested in PA0901A tube amp, but can't find no way to reach the on-line store.

Will you help, please ?

Thanks

Gro.

Hello Matt,

Is there any comment about performance of the EL84 mini tube amp?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Tony.

Gro. I received mine today exactly 1 week after shipping. The packaging is brilliant. They could probably have dropped it from the aeroplane and it would have survived!

Here it is next to my squeezebox, just to give you an idea of how small it is!

Matt

Tony, this is my first experience of tube amplification so can't speak to authoritively, but I can say it does some things better than my previous Hilly T90. There's something really good going on in the upper mid range that sounds really smooth. I'm using the amp to drive Alpair 12Ps on an open baffle (supported with a seperately powered 15" pro woofer). The Alpairs are still breaking in, another reason for not wanting to comment too soon. I guess my best impression so far is that Marvin Gaye's What's Going On has never sounded so "orchestral".

One other comment is that the amp is very silent, but is sensitive to other components being placed too close. I had to move my squeezebox approx 12" away to stop the amp picking up a hum from the squeezebox.
Matt

Hi Matt,

The sound of tube amp is really different with solid state amp. On working with full range speakers like Mark Audio, you can feel the smoothness, warmth and natural sound. PA0901A has low noise and low distortion.

There are rooms for improvement such as much higher quality tubes than the re-issue Mullard, interconnect cables and power cable... These would give your much more pleasures. :)

Cheers,
Tony.
Tony, this is my first experience of tube amplification so can't speak to authoritively, but I can say it does some things better than my previous Hilly T90. There's something really good going on in the upper mid range that sounds really smooth. I'm using the amp to drive Alpair 12Ps on an open baffle (supported with a seperately powered 15" pro woofer). The Alpairs are still breaking in, another reason for not wanting to comment too soon. I guess my best impression so far is that Marvin Gaye's What's Going On has never sounded so "orchestral".

One other comment is that the amp is very silent, but is sensitive to other components being placed too close. I had to move my squeezebox approx 12" away to stop the amp picking up a hum from the squeezebox.
Matt

A minimalist integrated amplifier with one pair of RCA inputs and a passive volume control to attenuate the output of its enhanced classical tube circuit comprised of a 6N4 (12AX7 or ECC83) twin triode feeding a single 6P14 (EL84 or 6BQ5) per channel, and also with our advanced switching power supply to deliver a 3.5 watts output per channel.

Tubes:
• Driver - 6N4 (12AX7 or ECC83)
• Power - 6P14 (EL84 or 6BQ5)

Price: USD190 (with Chinese 6N4 and 6P14 tubes) + shipping cost

This is the packing of PA0901A, double-ply carton. The white foam provide protection for the anmp and tubes.

Attachments

• packing-1.jpg
    packing-1.jpg
    790.1 KB · Views: 830
  • packing-2.jpg
    packing-2.jpg
    789.5 KB · Views: 792
  • packing-3.jpg
    packing-3.jpg
    768.6 KB · Views: 782
  • packing-4.jpg
    packing-4.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 769
  • packing-5.jpg
    packing-5.jpg
    797.7 KB · Views: 730
PA901 first test

Hi Muzik 007,

The parcel was delivered yesterday, the packing is great, the amp came in perfect condition, thanks.

I performed a first listening test, the amp connected to small DIY sealed speakers with Mark Audio CHR70.

This first association is very pleasing. :p
The sound in well balanced and warm, and not bass shy.

Compared to my regular amp (AKSA 100N+), the PA901 sounds warmer, with a bit less imaging, bass is less articulate and overall definition is a step below (but the price range is at least 3 steps below !).
But when playing acoustic instruments and vocals, the magic is really there ! :sing: I can hear more details and articulation, more presence, more fluid and relaxed music. Unbelievable how a guitar seems real, "in the room".

With this kind of music, the power is really enough for my domestic use, even with CHR70 that are not very sensitive

I am very happy with the result that perfectly fits my needs for a second small system.

For sure, I will go on listening and if you agree, let know my impressions on this thread.

After a while, the overall case of the amp (output trans included) become quite warm (but still finger compatible), filling the room with a moderate but noticeable smell of "warm electronic".
Can you confirm this as normal ?

Cheers

Gro

Hello Gro,

Thank you for your advice and comments of the sound performance of PA0901A. Tube amp really sounds different when compare with solid state amp. Keep running in the amp and will perform better after 100 hours.

The smell is normal and will disappear after a few days as the amp is very new.

Thanks,
Tony.

Hi Muzik 007,

The parcel was delivered yesterday, the packing is great, the amp came in perfect condition, thanks.

I performed a first listening test, the amp connected to small DIY sealed speakers with Mark Audio CHR70.

This first association is very pleasing. :p
The sound in well balanced and warm, and not bass shy.

Compared to my regular amp (AKSA 100N+), the PA901 sounds warmer, with a bit less imaging, bass is less articulate and overall definition is a step below (but the price range is at least 3 steps below !).
But when playing acoustic instruments and vocals, the magic is really there ! :sing: I can hear more details and articulation, more presence, more fluid and relaxed music. Unbelievable how a guitar seems real, "in the room".

With this kind of music, the power is really enough for my domestic use, even with CHR70 that are not very sensitive

I am very happy with the result that perfectly fits my needs for a second small system.

For sure, I will go on listening and if you agree, let know my impressions on this thread.

After a while, the overall case of the amp (output trans included) become quite warm (but still finger compatible), filling the room with a moderate but noticeable smell of "warm electronic".
Can you confirm this as normal ?

Cheers

Gro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.