• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

APPJ EL84 SE mini Tube Amp, PA0901A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
Now, APPJ PA0901A + APPJ mini Headphone Adapter =USD190 + shipping cost

Attachments

• PA0901A-21.jpg
    PA0901A-21.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 743
Hello,

Thank you very much for your comments. JJ and Mullard Re-issue are very good. I highly recommend Psvane EL84-TII and 12AX7-TII which are much better than JJ and Mullard Re-issue. I would like to offer special prices on Psvane tubes for APPJ PA0901A users.

Psvane EL84-TII:
EL84-TII--PSVANE????????
EL84-TII (Quad, 4/set) | Psvane & Shuguang Treasure Audio Tubes, Caps and Amps

Psvane 12AX7-TII:
12AX7-TII--PSVANE????????
12AX7-TII (pair or single) | Psvane & Shuguang Treasure Audio Tubes, Caps and Amps

Cheers,
Tony.

I tried the amp with JJ EL84. It has a nice sparkle to the highs and sounds very clean. I like it. The reissue Mullards are rounder and warm. Lovely with vocals and more intimate music. Different tubes for different music.

Thanks for the amp, Tony.

Attachments

• EL84-TII-2.jpg
    EL84-TII-2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 556
  • 12AX7-TII-3.jpg
    12AX7-TII-3.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:
Christmas & New Year Special Offer:
APPJ PA0901A amp + Gold Lion (Genalex) Re-issue ECC83(Made in Russia) + Shuguang EL84 =USD190 + shipping cost
Black and Silver colors are available.
*** The special offer is valid until 15th, Jan., 2014.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014

Attachments

• PA0901A-8.jpg
    PA0901A-8.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 109
  • EL84-5.jpg
    EL84-5.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 96
  • EL84-3.jpg
    EL84-3.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 92
  • EL84-1.jpg
    EL84-1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 95
  • GL X7-4.jpg
    GL X7-4.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 92
  • GL X7-3.jpg
    GL X7-3.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 88
  • GL X7-2.jpg
    GL X7-2.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 508
  • GL X7-1.jpg
    GL X7-1.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:
Hello Gaston,

Thank you very much.

As spare tubes, I recommed an option of single one Gold Lion re-issue ECC83 and one pair of Mullard re-issue EL84 which are able to offer best performance at reasonable price.
Gold Lion ECC83 (made in Russia): USD30/pc
Mullard EL84 (made in Russia): USD36/pair.

Merry Christmas !
Tony.
Tony, I will take 1 silver pa0901 + silver appj headphone adapter.
The payment is already done through Paypal.
Please let me know if I should upgrade the tubes. Which are the options and how much?
Thank you!
Gaston

Attachments

• GL X7-1.jpg
    GL X7-1.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 497
  • Mullard-EL84-1.jpg
    Mullard-EL84-1.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2009
Fantastic small amplifier - I just put mine into triode mode and it got even better; more bass to it and better resolution. Deserves good speakers but I am more than happy with my FF105WK metronomes and listening near field. Top notch performance on a budget. Is this the Decware Zen SE84ZS amp equivalent on a budget?

edit: Only use genuine EL84 / 6BQ5 for this triode mode. Some alternative power tubes behave totally different in triode mode and may not work properly.

Last edited:
Fantastic small amplifier - I just put mine into triode mode and it got even better; more bass to it and better resolution. Deserves good speakers but I am more than happy with my FF105WK metronomes and listening near field. Top notch performance on a budget. Is this the Decware Zen SE84ZS amp equivalent on a budget?

edit: Only use genuine EL84 / 6BQ5 for this triode mode. Some alternative power tubes behave totally different in triode mode and may not work

Amadeus how did you do the triode mod? I really want to bypass the volume pot as well but I'm a total diy noob. Will a blob of decent solder across the pot prongs do the trick? And which prongs should I solder (looking at them from the prong side)?
Also do you live in Auckland? I live near Piha. I'll pay you in beer to do the mods for me lol.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.