Birch Plywood Cabinets made by CNC machine - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twin Audio

Twin Audio Twin Audio is a manufacturer of hand made audiophile tube amplifiers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 09:35 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Musik007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Default Birch Plywood Cabinets made by CNC machine

Hello,

I'm pleased to develop a new series cabinet made by CNC machine. High precision processing of CNC machine is able to cut any shapes on plywood. This is my first sample of a bookshelf cabinet for CHR-70. The material selected is Finland WISA birch plywood.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 11:01 AM   #2
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Australia
great news, im sure u will try some wild imagination soon

cheers
henry
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 11:50 AM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Birmingham, UK
With a CNC would it not be easy and better to NOT use right angles for the internal cavity so as to avoid parallel walls and the resulting standing waves?
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:09 PM   #4
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: UK
I am liking that a lot! I've never made any speakers, but if and when I do, I will use that method.

The result of the unfinished or varnished ply will look very restrained and Scandinavian, or you can presumably veneer it. I'm almost tempted to start straight away...
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 05:31 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
Musik007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Hi henry,

I want to try something special.

Thanks,
Tony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _henry_ View Post
great news, im sure u will try some wild imagination soon

cheers
henry
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 05:35 PM   #6
diyAudio Member
 
Musik007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Hi Charles,

Thanks for your remind. I want to keep the internal volume unchanged as Till 70's. I will put damping material into the cabinet.

Tony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Darwin View Post
With a CNC would it not be easy and better to NOT use right angles for the internal cavity so as to avoid parallel walls and the resulting standing waves?
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 06:37 PM   #7
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member
 
badman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sunny Tustin, SoCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musik007 View Post
Hi Charles,

Thanks for your remind. I want to keep the internal volume unchanged as Till 70's. I will put damping material into the cabinet.

Tony.
Asymmetrical "Wavy" walls would be the way to go... Just as easy but mobedda.
__________________
I write for www.enjoythemusic.com in the DIY section. You may find yourself getting a preview of a project in-progress. Be warned!
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 07:04 PM   #8
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
While you are considering changes... why not implement at least three holes in each piece in the same spot that could be used to align all of them. For instance, you could put a threaded rod through these holes to align the pieces and clamp them together while gluing the stack together...

Also, +1 on not using parallel, rectilinear inside walls.

-Charlie
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 04:55 PM   #9
diyAudio Member
 
Musik007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your recommendation. That is possible to do like this.

Thanks,
Tony.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLaub View Post
While you are considering changes... why not implement at least three holes in each piece in the same spot that could be used to align all of them. For instance, you could put a threaded rod through these holes to align the pieces and clamp them together while gluing the stack together...

Also, +1 on not using parallel, rectilinear inside walls.

-Charlie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ladder-3.jpg (95.8 KB, 624 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 02:25 AM   #10
diyAudio Member
 
Musik007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
CNC programming and processing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ladder-1.jpg (89.1 KB, 566 views)
File Type: jpg Ladder-2.jpg (131.8 KB, 554 views)
File Type: jpg Ladder-4.jpg (126.2 KB, 157 views)
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cabinets made with Finland Birch Plywood Musik007 Twin Audio 158 15th July 2012 02:35 PM
FS Morel drivers, custom CNC machined aluminum cabinets, Dayton cabinets Bronson_k Swap Meet 6 7th December 2010 05:32 AM
Birch plywood finishing Vikash Multi-Way 102 23rd April 2010 10:50 PM
working with baltic birch plywood morbo Multi-Way 55 17th September 2005 05:09 PM
Where can I buy Baltic Birch Plywood? Richard Moon Multi-Way 3 4th December 2003 12:51 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:34 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2