• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Birch Plywood Cabinets made by CNC machine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm pleased to develop a new series cabinet made by CNC machine. High precision processing of CNC machine is able to cut any shapes on plywood. This is my first sample of a bookshelf cabinet for CHR-70. The material selected is Finland WISA birch plywood.

OvalCab-5.jpg

OvalCab-4.jpg

I am liking that a lot! I've never made any speakers, but if and when I do, I will use that method.

The result of the unfinished or varnished ply will look very restrained and Scandinavian, or you can presumably veneer it. I'm almost tempted to start straight away...

While you are considering changes... why not implement at least three holes in each piece in the same spot that could be used to align all of them. For instance, you could put a threaded rod through these holes to align the pieces and clamp them together while gluing the stack together...

Also, +1 on not using parallel, rectilinear inside walls.

-Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your recommendation. That is possible to do like this.

Thanks,
Tony.

While you are considering changes... why not implement at least three holes in each piece in the same spot that could be used to align all of them. For instance, you could put a threaded rod through these holes to align the pieces and clamp them together while gluing the stack together...

Also, +1 on not using parallel, rectilinear inside walls.

-Charlie

Attachments

• ladder-3.jpg
    ladder-3.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 749
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.