Monoblock single ended KT88 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twin Audio

Twin Audio Twin Audio is a manufacturer of hand made audiophile tube amplifiers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2011, 02:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default Monoblock single ended KT88

Hi Tony,

What would be the pricing like for a set of monoblock KT88 single ended? Maybe a ballpark pricing for a beginner, intermediate and high end?

Cheers,

Edwin
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 03:31 PM   #2
diyAudio Member
 
Musik007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Hi Edwin,

What circuit of KT88 single ended monoblock amp do you want to build? Why do you want to build KT88 single end? As KT88 is a high current output tetrode, high quality transformers are needed.

Thanks,
Tony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernoise View Post
Hi Tony,

What would be the pricing like for a set of monoblock KT88 single ended? Maybe a ballpark pricing for a beginner, intermediate and high end?

Cheers,

Edwin
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 03:36 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I'm actually asking for my uncle who is shopping around for options of KT88 monoblocks. Probably he has heard some single ended KT88. Not very sure of this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 04:06 PM   #4
diyAudio Member
 
Musik007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
We made two KT88 class A single end stereo block power amp in 2008 and 2009. One is 6SN7-KT88. The sound of 6SN7-KT88/6550 tends to be warm, sweet and smooth. If you like to listen vocal, light music, strings, etc. This circuit will be one of the best of your choice. If you listen orchstra, jazz, pop music, drums, etc., 12AX7-12AT7-KT88 will meet your taste. KT88 class A single end provides 12W on output power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernoise View Post
I'm actually asking for my uncle who is shopping around for options of KT88 monoblocks. Probably he has heard some single ended KT88. Not very sure of this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6550SE-5.jpg (88.3 KB, 902 views)
File Type: jpg 6550SE-11.jpg (85.0 KB, 862 views)
File Type: jpg 6550SE-45.jpg (156.5 KB, 851 views)
File Type: jpg 6550SE-38.jpg (117.1 KB, 828 views)
File Type: jpg 6550SE-40.jpg (115.8 KB, 815 views)
File Type: jpg KT88SE-6.jpg (103.2 KB, 219 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 04:09 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
OK will show him the photos and your description the next time I see him. What would be the price like?
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 04:13 PM   #6
diyAudio Member
 
Musik007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
The frequency and dynamic ranges of 12AX7-12AT7-KT88 single end are excellent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KT88SEII-01.jpg (97.4 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg KT88SEII-10.jpg (118.5 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg KT88SEII-32.jpg (98.5 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg KT88SEII-36.jpg (143.3 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg KT88SEII-44.jpg (139.2 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg KT88SEII-53.jpg (136.7 KB, 169 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 06:11 PM   #7
julcat is offline julcat  Mexico
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musik007 View Post
The frequency and dynamic ranges of 12AX7-12AT7-KT88 single end are excellent.

Hello Musik007, are you still selling this?? i'm very interested, could you please send me the price an details, thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 06:22 PM   #8
diyAudio Member
 
Musik007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by julcat View Post
Hello Musik007, are you still selling this?? i'm very interested, could you please send me the price an details, thanks
Hello,

The amplifier was already sold.

Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 08:57 PM   #9
TiMBoZ is offline TiMBoZ  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney
Hi there Twin Audio. I'm looking with interest at your enterprise. I would really like the mono block chassis lay out - more narrow, less wide. Orientated front to back, rather than side ways. Valves at the front, transformers at the back. So the mono blocks could be placed side by side, or along side a speaker. Circuit design using 2 x KT88, KT90 - KT120 with tight, dynamic sound. 220 volt. With balanced XLR inputs. I would be very, very interested in a design like this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 01:48 PM   #10
diyAudio Member
 
Musik007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our tube amps. I would recommend our 300B single end mono block power amps. All the transformers including high quality double C-core output transformers are hand made by the experienced transformer engineer, Kenneth in Hong Kong. The amplifiers are handcrafted in Hong Kong. We selected Jensen audiophiled capacitors, RMG, Kiwame and Dale audio graded resistors, Furutech IEC sockets, CMC tube sockets and binding posts... Every parts and components are used for high end sonic performance.

Cheers,
Tony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMBoZ View Post
Hi there Twin Audio. I'm looking with interest at your enterprise. I would really like the mono block chassis lay out - more narrow, less wide. Orientated front to back, rather than side ways. Valves at the front, transformers at the back. So the mono blocks could be placed side by side, or along side a speaker. Circuit design using 2 x KT88, KT90 - KT120 with tight, dynamic sound. 220 volt. With balanced XLR inputs. I would be very, very interested in a design like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Audiophile 300B-6.jpg (905.7 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Audiophile 300B-7.jpg (938.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Audiophile 300B-8.jpg (853.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Audiophile 300B-9.jpg (969.5 KB, 43 views)
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another kt88 Monoblock Builders Thread foxfyre841 Tubes / Valves 3 25th November 2011 02:58 PM
Single ended amp, EL34, KT88 ideas?? bereanbill Tubes / Valves 15 16th May 2009 12:35 AM
Single ended KT88 question overdrajv Tubes / Valves 8 22nd December 2008 10:44 AM
Single Ended, Single driver: In-room distortion measurements Gerrit Boers Full Range 4 27th November 2007 08:12 AM
Anyone play with the Zen Single-Stage Single-Ended Class A? Rino odorico Pass Labs 13 29th August 2002 09:01 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:05 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2