Final Sales on 6F3 Mini Tube Amplifer (SOLD OUT & Discontinued) - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twin Audio

Twin Audio Twin Audio is a manufacturer of hand made audiophile tube amplifiers.

Old 18th February 2011, 02:49 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

The efficiency of CHR-70 and Alpair 7 in box is 88 dB. The 6F3 single end is 2.5W, but on my listening with CHR-70 and Alpair 7, the sound can be loud without distortion. The 6F3 mini amp is for listening music for relax and fun. Most users are using this amp on desktops or bed rooms.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttan98 View Post
The 6F3's power output is only 2.5W/channel and CHR70/Alpair 7's efficiency is about 84dB SPL, I think the sound reproduction from this combo would be background music, any louder the music will clip. After awhile one would be bored with the amp.

Sorry for the criticism but that is a fact. I have a mini monitor speakers with fairly constant impedance I use a 40W amp and it is just adequate and at times under powered.
Old 18th February 2011, 09:38 AM   #32
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musik007 View Post
The efficiency of CHR-70 and Alpair 7 in box is 88 dB. The 6F3 single end is 2.5W, but on my listening with CHR-70 and Alpair 7, the sound can be loud without distortion. The 6F3 mini amp is for listening music for relax and fun. Most users are using this amp on desktops or bed rooms.

Thanks.
Both have SPL=84.5dB see websites below:

CHR-70 Driver | Markaudio
Alpair 7 Driver | Markaudio

One of the reasons I did buy them is because their SPL is too low, whereas Alpair 10.2 has SPL close to 87.5dB, i.e. 3dB more so a 25-50Watter amp will do the job, a 50watter would be better.
Old 18th February 2011, 02:45 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

I know the SPL of CHR-70 and Alpair 7.

Technically, Alpair 10.2 need 35W power from amplifier. On the listening, I personally like the sound of 300B class A single end at 8W, I feel the power of 300B is enough for Pensil 10.2. In the listening session on last Sunday, we listened 12AT7-6SL7 preamp + 300B SE mono block power amps with Pensil 10.2 as reference. The sound is very good. The transformers were very high quality and hand-made by Kenneth in Hong Kong.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttan98 View Post
Both have SPL=84.5dB see websites below:

CHR-70 Driver | Markaudio
Alpair 7 Driver | Markaudio

One of the reasons I did buy them is because their SPL is too low, whereas Alpair 10.2 has SPL close to 87.5dB, i.e. 3dB more so a 25-50Watter amp will do the job, a 50watter would be better.

Last edited by Musik007; 18th February 2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 21st February 2011, 02:38 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Wow, a KILLER!
just got the little wonderous machine last week over here to germany, and as I read about the change to NOS brimar ECL85 valves, I cycled to my local dealer and believe it or not he has still some of this type! and they make a big difference: more bass-authority, lusher and more fluent sound in general (even with my 2A3 Amp this little box is hard to beat, speakers pointos Anima) and they played just a few moments. Great compliments to this device - never hesitate, take advantage of this offer - it pays!
If you are interested in the british valves just contact me.
Greetings from franconia/germany
Old 21st February 2011, 04:01 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Thank you very much for your comments on the APPJ 6F3 mini amp. The amp is really good. One more tips, use the amp as power amp, add and plug preamp, the sound will be much better.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlappen66 View Post
Wow, a KILLER!
just got the little wonderous machine last week over here to germany, and as I read about the change to NOS brimar ECL85 valves, I cycled to my local dealer and believe it or not he has still some of this type! and they make a big difference: more bass-authority, lusher and more fluent sound in general (even with my 2A3 Amp this little box is hard to beat, speakers pointos Anima) and they played just a few moments. Great compliments to this device - never hesitate, take advantage of this offer - it pays!
Old 22nd March 2011, 04:54 AM   #36
Ronj is online now Ronj  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I would like to buy one. Please PM me the buying Info and options. I live in Singapore.
Thanks
Ronnie
Old 22nd March 2011, 03:42 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlappen66 View Post
Wow, a KILLER!
Schlappen66,
I have been playing with this amp for a month now and it is very nice powering CHR70s. I have been looking for the ECL85 valves. I sent you a PM sir.

Tam
Old 22nd March 2011, 06:02 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Hello Tam,

I'm interested to see your 6F3 mini amp with CHR70. Can you upload a photo?

Thanks,
Tony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostthumb View Post
Schlappen66,
I have been playing with this amp for a month now and it is very nice powering CHR70s. I have been looking for the ECL85 valves. I sent you a PM sir.

Tam
Old 22nd March 2011, 08:20 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Will do Tony.
Give me a day or two. Got to clean the desk off. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musik007 View Post
Hello Tam,

I'm interested to see your 6F3 mini amp with CHR70. Can you upload a photo?

Thanks,
Tony.
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:30 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

Default NOS Brimar ECL85 / Solus ECL805

If anyone likes, I can ship them worldwide.
It is a pair label-changed Solus ECL805 (which is the longlife-version of the Brimar ECL85 - from the very same production-line in Cambridge, England) tested, originally boxed, NOS from the sixties.
Per pair 28,- , selected/balanced pair 12,- extra.
Greetings from Franconia/Germany,
Andreas

Hide this!Advertise here!