• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

★BR Bookshelf Cabinets for Mark Audio CHR-70, Special Price:$65/pair only

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is our first cabinet built for Mark Audio full range drivers. The box design is Mark Fenlon's Till70 (see below). The cabinets are made with natural oakwood in 18 mm thickness and so keep the cabinets solid and strong. Mark listened his CHR-70 into this oakwood cabinets and he thought the sound performance is natural for this size of box. The cabinets are ready to use. Finishing in red color and brown color are available now.

Box diagram for CHR-70:
Till70 CHR70 Bass Re?ex Bookshelf Design | Markaudio
http://www.markaudio.com/sites/all/f...r70-till70.pdf

These are Till70 cabinets in brown color:
till70-11.jpg

till70-04.jpg

Price: USD80 for one pair of cabinets.

Last edited:
Tony, have you tried a sealed cabinet for the CHR70? From WinISD, they seem to work pretty well indeed. A 6L cab gives you 66Hz @-6dB and at the same time you can have much lower group delay. I am sure Mark would trade the group delay for more bass, but in a HT setup or if you've got a decent sealed sub, a sealed cab will perform much better.

Regards,
Boris

HI Boris,

I never tried a sealer cabinet for CHR-70. Can you upload a picture or drawing of the sealed cabinet for sharing?

Thanks,
Tony.

Tony, have you tried a sealed cabinet for the CHR70? From WinISD, they seem to work pretty well indeed. A 6L cab gives you 66Hz @-6dB and at the same time you can have much lower group delay. I am sure Mark would trade the group delay for more bass, but in a HT setup or if you've got a decent sealed sub, a sealed cab will perform much better.

Regards,
Boris

Tony, this is my sealed cab design for the Markaudio CHR70. I haven't tried it although I would like to one day. (I had never built a proper cab, just some junk random projects), and I would be delighted if you can try it. Internal volume is 5.7L, the walls should be strengthened by bitumen pads as the walls are on the thin side. I would recommend the use of ply wood over MDF in this design. From the prediction of WinISD, you can get a f3 of 88Hz, f6 of 58Hz. With a bit of equalization, it works as a fine desktop speaker, and with a sub and AV receiver, you can have an excellent Home Theater system if you mate it to a decent sealed sub (maybe Peerless XXLS series with BASH amp).

Have fun! ( You can of course produce this model if it's great, but please inform me first!) ;)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 746
Hi Boris,

Unlike cabinet with veneer, the joints on natural wood are not covered and can be seen. See the right Japanese white birch cabinet, the joints on top are special and perfect.

Tony.

Attachments

• till70-26.jpg
    till70-26.jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 159
  • birch-3.jpg
    birch-3.jpg
    791.9 KB · Views: 323
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.