Output transformers for EL84,6V6 single end - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twin Audio

Twin Audio Twin Audio is a manufacturer of hand made audiophile tube amplifiers.

Old 17th June 2010, 04:58 AM   #41
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapmedia View Post
Hello Tony,
Do you sell the matching power transformers as well? (220/240V for Australia) If so, what price would they be?
Could you also please give me an idea of postage costs to Australia for the outputs and possibly power transformer if you sell them?

Thanks,
Simon
Hi Simon,
Tony's on holiday this week so I'm helping out when possible. The voltage is no problem. Tony's back this Sunday so he'll give the cost next week.
Cheers
Mark.
Old 17th June 2010, 08:41 AM   #42
diyAudio Member

Thanks Mark.
Old 19th June 2010, 05:55 AM   #43
kmj is offline kmj  Sweden
diyAudio Member

PT also? That is great!
Old 21st June 2010, 08:21 AM   #44
diyAudio Member

Hello Simon,

Sorry for my late reply.

We can make EI power transformers in 220V/240V. Could you give more information about your requirement on the power transformers such as high voltages and filament voltages? What tube amp is the power transformer for? I need those information for quote price and postage cost.

Thanks,
Tony.

Quote:
Hello Tony,

Do you sell the matching power transformers as well? (220/240V for Australia) If so, what price would they be?

Could you also please give me an idea of postage costs to Australia for the outputs and possibly power transformer if you sell them?

Thanks,
Simon
Old 21st June 2010, 01:20 PM   #45
kmj is offline kmj  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
For these hand made output transformers for EL84/6BQ5 and 6V6 single end amplifiers, We used them in our EF95-EL84 single end and EF95-6V6 single end amplifiers. We think that they performed very well and the price is affordable.
Quote:
We can make EI power transformers in 220V/240V. Could you give more information about your requirement on the power transformers such as high voltages and filament voltages? What tube amp is the power transformer for? I need those information for quote price and postage cost.
Do you have any specs for the ones you already are using? If they work for you then they should also work for me, not to mention that it saves you some work. I am talking about the power transformers by the way.
Old 21st June 2010, 03:09 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmj View Post
Do you have any specs for the ones you already are using? If they work for you then they should also work for me, not to mention that it saves you some work. I am talking about the power transformers by the way.
Hello,

The specifications of the power transformer for EL84 and 6V6 single end is 250V-0250V/100mA, 6.3V/2A x 2 and 5V/3A x 1. 5V is for tube rectifier.

Thanks,
Tony.
Old 12th July 2010, 02:26 AM   #47
diyAudio Member

Hello Tony,

Now I'm sorry for my late reply.

I'm interested in the Power Transformer you detail below/above - something suitable for a SE EL84/6V6 amp to use with the Output transformers you've talked of in this thread.

If you could give me an idea of cost for a set of OT's and PT and shipping to Australia I'd be grateful.

regards,
Simon
Old 13th July 2010, 03:01 AM   #48
diyAudio Member

Hi Simon,

The power tranformer for EL84/6V6 SE is USD65/pc.
The output tranformers for EL84/6V6 SE is USD45/pair.
One set power and output transformers is USD110/set (without covers).
The air parcel postage rate will be USD55 at gross weight around 6 kg for the set from HK to Australia.

Thanks,
Tony.

Quote:
Hello Tony,

Now I'm sorry for my late reply.

I'm interested in the Power Transformer you detail below/above - something suitable for a SE EL84/6V6 amp to use with the Output transformers you've talked of in this thread.

If you could give me an idea of cost for a set of OT's and PT and shipping to Australia I'd be grateful.

regards,
Simon
Old 18th September 2010, 12:11 AM   #49
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have finally built an amplifier around the pair of these transformers I purchased months ago. It's a stereo amplifier with 6V6 and 6J7 with fixed bias and nested feedback loops. The driver and output stage are pentode connected. Fixed bias is derived from A23 12V camera batteries, plate supply is 275V, plate current 55mA, and output power 4.5Wrms.

The transformers perform extremely well, actually far beyond my expectation of them. Great bargain and highly recommended.

I've attached the most current picture of the amplifier I designed for these transformers. Details can be found here: 6V6 Behavior W/Fixed Bias (SE Amp)

I had lots of problems with the construction of this amplifier - all of my own doing, but the end result is quite pleasing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00002R.jpg (594.1 KB, 268 views)
Old 18th September 2010, 02:43 AM   #50
diyAudio Member

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your comments on the output transformers. You built a very nice 6V6 amp. I think the circuit 6J7-6V6 class A single end would be one of the best 6V6 SE circuit. 6J7 vintage pentode is very suitable for audio. Some used 6J7 to drive 300B and the sound is good. We did EF95 pentode-6V6 SE before and got good result on the performance. 6J7 is bigger and has a higher heater current than EF95. 6J7 is more powerful than EF95 on sonic performance, I believe.
What tube rectifier did you use on the 6V6 amp?

Thank you very much for your support.

Best Regards,
Tony.

Last edited by Musik007; 18th September 2010 at 02:55 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!