New 300B single end - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twin Audio

Twin Audio Twin Audio is a manufacturer of hand made audiophile tube amplifiers.

Old 9th April 2010, 05:21 PM   #31
joaquim is offline joaquim  Sweden
diyAudio Member

"Chills", maybe the wrong word, it translates wrong from Swedish to English, "shivers" might be a better description. In my native tongue it's "gåshud", goosebumps, if that's a correct word in English....? Though I have two new 2A3 tubes, I'm not sure what do with them. As you mentioned, they are rare and expensive... But maybe I'll design a 300B SE-Amp, and add some tweaks to it, so I can change the output-tubes... Full Music had 2A3's too, but they where twice as expensive as the 300B....
Old 10th April 2010, 03:47 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Why did the sound of 300BSE make you shiver?
Can made simple 6SN7 SRPP 2A3 single end which is one of the typical circuits of 2A3 SE. We made it before. The sound is so far so good.
Full Music also has 2A3 and the price is a bit lower than Full Music 300B.
Old 10th April 2010, 05:40 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

That's strange.... when I visit the website, the 2A3 came in various flavours, and the one I had in mind was twice the cost of the 300B of 'the same flavour'. I meant that the sound was so good, that I had a "hallelujah moment", goosebumps, shivers, when your whole being is tingling .... it where one of those occasions when you have a moment of clarity, "I was borne too do this"... I've never heard an amp that had the sound that "spoke to me", and made an impact that I can't forget, sounds almost religious, and in a way it was.... I sounds like I'm ready for the mental institute..
I really liked the sound, that's it/why, so plz people, am I to fuzzy, or why can't people relate... haven't you heard, seen, experience something that made a big impression, on you....
Old 10th April 2010, 08:48 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Do you have a price for this amp? I can't seem to find info on how to buy any of your amps or how much they cost. They look great!
Old 10th April 2010, 01:55 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

What is the circuit of the amplifier you listened?
Old 10th April 2010, 02:23 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Sorry to miss the price. The price of this 300B single end amplifier is USD1580 including all Full Music audiophile tubes, 12AX7, 6SN7, 300B and 274B. This is one of our high quality 300B amplifier which used audiophile components and capacitors like Mcap and Jensen and Neotech UPOCC hook-up wires. All the transformers are hand-made by Mr. Zhu. The circuit, 12AX7-6SN7-300B is our own design. The amp was strictly and carefully made and soldered by Thomas. All of these elements make this 300B amp sound balanced and natural.

Click the image to open in full size.

Full Music 12AX7:

Full Music 6SN7, toasted plate:

Full Music 300B, grey plate:

Full Music 274B rectifier:

Last edited by Musik007; 10th April 2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10th April 2010, 05:08 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Between 6SN7 driver stage and 300B, we put Jensen aluminium foil, paper in oil with pure silver leadout capacitors in 0.47uF/630VDC. The sound of Jensen aluminium foil with aluminium tube tends to be very musical, transparent without loss of detail. The bass performance is good also.

https://audio.jensencapacitors.com/p...be/alu-aglead/
Old 11th April 2010, 11:04 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

Can you quote a price with no tubes for those of us that already have a large stockpile?
Old 11th April 2010, 03:41 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

The price of this 300B amp with no any tubes is USD1200.

Thanks.
Old 11th April 2010, 08:03 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Dream on, dream on... to quote Aerosmith... $US1200! That's about my monthly income... It is a blessing that I know people that can get parts @cost(whole sale).. else I wouldn't be able to "live my dream"... it's almost silly, how f-kin' expensive this hobby is! But I've mange to "sniff" the air, when one can make bargains.. and buy tubes one month, cap's the other and so on, and I'm like most hobbyists are, gatherer, I have hundreds of "junk boxes"... and they do come in handy, and are money savers...

Hide this!Advertise here!