• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introduction to Twin Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These are new arrival of Pensil 6 cabinets which are made with oakwood.

Attachments

• P6-3.jpg
    P6-3.jpg
    797.8 KB · Views: 751
  • P6-4.jpg
    P6-4.jpg
    795.9 KB · Views: 711
  • P6-2.jpg
    P6-2.jpg
    757.4 KB · Views: 664
  • P6-1.jpg
    P6-1.jpg
    773.1 KB · Views: 624
Hello,

Thank you very much for your comments on the tube amp.

The price of the EL34 push-pull (220V) is US$500+US$180 shipping to Australia via air parcel.

We make KT88 push-pull. See pictures.

Thanks & Regards,
Tony

That guy from Sweden was so rude and ignorant.I think the amps Thomas is building look marvellous.
What's the price of an EL34 push-pull shipped to Australia (240V)?
Also will you be making a KT88 push-pull?

Attachments

• KT88PP-1-01.jpg
    KT88PP-1-01.jpg
    750.7 KB · Views: 217
  • KT88PP-1-08.jpg
    KT88PP-1-08.jpg
    788.6 KB · Views: 203
  • KT88PP-1-13.jpg
    KT88PP-1-13.jpg
    745.7 KB · Views: 134
Those look great! I currently have a Melody MK88 on loan (34 or so Watt Class A KT88 based) and I LOVE the KT88 sound. I'd really like a set of Mono's though, what do you have? My setup doesn't really allow for a stereo integrated currently so I have to do mono's.

Scott

Hello Scott,

Thanks. I also like the sound of KT88 or 6550. I don't have KT88 mono blocks. Do you like KT88 class A single end? We can make KT88 class A single end mono blocks whose output power is 12W-13W. This power is good for Mark Audio full ranger emitters.

Thanks & Regards,
Tony.

Those look great! I currently have a Melody MK88 on loan (34 or so Watt Class A KT88 based) and I LOVE the KT88 sound. I'd really like a set of Mono's though, what do you have? My setup doesn't really allow for a stereo integrated currently so I have to do mono's.

Scott

Hello Scott,

Thanks. I also like the sound of KT88 or 6550. I don't have KT88 mono blocks. Do you like KT88 class A single end? We can make KT88 class A single end mono blocks whose output power is 12W-13W. This power is good for Mark Audio full ranger emitters.

Thanks & Regards,
Tony.

Tony,

I'm not sure, do you know if the MK88 is single ended? I'm VERY new to tubes but fell in love with this amp and its sound. I don't have MA speakers, I have Onix Strata Mini's (built my Sound Art China, Mr. PU) that are not very efficient (86db) so I think I'd need more power than 12-13w. Do you have any pics/prices of those KT88 mono's though? Maybe use the Tubes for music and my SS amp for Movies (system doubles as a HT setup).

EDIT:Here's what's in the amp http://www.chasehometheater.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50644&postcount=3
Tubes: KT88x4, 6SN7x4, 6AK5x2
Power: 32w + 32w Class A

Thanks!

Scott

Last edited:
Hi Scott,

The MK88 is push pull amp. The 4 x KT88 tubes can provide 60W output power at class AB and 30W at class A. They are good for 2-way speaker system. For Mark Audio full range speakers, KT88 push pull may be too powerful. I recommend 300B class A single end mono blocks at 8W which we're listening, well-matched with Pensil 7 and Pensil 10.2.

Thanks,
Tony.

Tony,

I'm not sure, do you know if the MK88 is single ended? I'm VERY new to tubes but fell in love with this amp and its sound. I don't have MA speakers, I have Onix Strata Mini's (built my Sound Art China, Mr. PU) that are not very efficient (86db) so I think I'd need more power than 12-13w. Do you have any pics/prices of those KT88 mono's though? Maybe use the Tubes for music and my SS amp for Movies (system doubles as a HT setup).

EDIT:Here's what's in the amp Chase Home Theater - View Single Post - The Official Onix & Melody Thread
Tubes: KT88x4, 6SN7x4, 6AK5x2
Power: 32w + 32w Class A

Thanks!

Scott

Hi Scott,

The MK88 is push pull amp. The 4 x KT88 tubes can provide 60W output power at class AB and 30W at class A. They are good for 2-way speaker system. For Mark Audio full range speakers, KT88 push pull may be too powerful. I recommend 300B class A single end mono blocks at 8W which we're listening, well-matched with Pensil 7 and Pensil 10.2.

Thanks,
Tony.

Tony,

The problem is I don't have any Mark Audio speakers, I have the Onix Strata Mini's. I'd like to try some MA drivers but I need to keep the speakers I have for now. I'm thinking of investing in better electronics (IE AMPS) first. That's part of the reason I like the KT88 is because of its grunt :) I need the power for my 4 way speakers. Could you do Mono's with dual KT88's per Mono to get the power I need? If not, that's ok, I still like the looks of your gear :D

Scott

Hi Scott,

OK. We can make KT88 push pull mono block power amps. I would like to remind you that KT88 is high voltage (over 380V) tube and require good quality transformers under push pull mode. There will be 4 transformers (power transformer x2, output transformer x2) for KT88 push pull. The cost is high. Can you let me know your budget for the KT88 PP?

Thanks,
Tony.

Tony,

The problem is I don't have any Mark Audio speakers, I have the Onix Strata Mini's. I'd like to try some MA drivers but I need to keep the speakers I have for now. I'm thinking of investing in better electronics (IE AMPS) first. That's part of the reason I like the KT88 is because of its grunt :) I need the power for my 4 way speakers. Could you do Mono's with dual KT88's per Mono to get the power I need? If not, that's ok, I still like the looks of your gear :D

Scott

Hi Scott,

OK. We can make KT88 push pull mono block power amps. I would like to remind you that KT88 is high voltage (over 380V) tube and require good quality transformers under push pull mode. There will be 4 transformers (power transformer x2, output transformer x2) for KT88 push pull. The cost is high. Can you let me know your budget for the KT88 PP?

Thanks,
Tony.

Tony,

I'm still figuring out what my budget will be. As I said, I'm VERY new to tubes so don't know really what a set of good Mono's cost. I don't think I'd be the only one that would like a nice set of high power tube mono's. Actually, one of my friends who listened to the MK88 on his GR-Research LS6's absolutely fell in love with the sound. He'd probably be interested as well. Shoot me a PM with a rough idea of the cost if you don't feel comfortable putting it here. I don't want to muddy up your thread :D

Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.