• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help.. EZ81 power supply diagram

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I've been thinking about doing a linestage and would like to do it around the power supply section should be flexible to do the 12au7 grounded grid, foreplay and the 5687 in diyparadise.

Can you guys help me with some power supply diagrams using the 6CA4/EZ81 rectifier? Transformer choices are open, will just have it made after the final diagram is settled. Also have a 20/20/20 uF 450v can cap (if it can be considered), not considering putting a choke.

Thank you guys in advance.

dudong

:)

Can you guys help me with some power supply diagrams using the 6CA4/EZ81 rectifier?

Here is a psu that I "designed" for a headphone amp (Morgan-Jones with 3x 6922...). It uses a relatively cheap transformer from www. askjanfirst.de, the EZ81 and is cap input.
The smallish first cap more or less sets the desired output voltage. It was designed using only PSUD2, results were within 2 percent or so of the simulation, and including the voltage divider to elevate the heaters (mandatory in the Morgan-Jones amp) is very quiet. You can also easily add one more RC stage to give more ripple suppression...
As phn noted 60uF will probably be not enough for a linestage...

Oliver

Attachments

• 6922_mj_psu.jpg
    6922_mj_psu.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,215
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.