• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help!! Right Channel Freq distorted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys, presently my Jadis Orchestra right channel is giving me some distorted sounds only at certain frequencies. I had tried swopping the right set of tubes with the left set but still get the distorted sound at the right channel. (including swoping speakers)The right channel sounds slightly softer and the distorted sound only comes out from the tweeter. I am suspecting the passive components is giving me some problems, can someone please give me some advice? Thanks in advance.:confused:

Re: Right channel

janneman said:
Are you using a preamp, did you swap the power amp input cables? The CD player outputs (if that's what you use as a source) as well? Is the sound in the lower octaves without distortion? Is it the same level as the left channel?

I know, questions, questions...

Jan Didden

Hi Janneman, thank you very much for enlightening me. After i removed the existing IC for the cdp, i replaced another similar model IC solved the distorted sound.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.