Knight 333 / Pioneer SX 34B info needed. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2007, 04:44 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Knight 333 / Pioneer SX 34B info needed.

Someone gave me a Knight model 333 integrated AM FM receiver.

I checked it out and slooowly ran it up on the old variac.

The thing works, and no hum!
Anyway, while it does work, it will need some TLC to bring it back to full operation. The tuning eye is pretty cool.... I miss those. I remember being fascinated by it's green glow at night.

Anyhow... question is, does anyone know where I may find some info on this? Schematic? Anything??? I googled and found it's basically a Pioneer SX 34B with some changes. Buuut... nothing else. (: I can probably wing it, but would nonetheless like to check the alignment of the IF stages, etc.

I am just surprised how sensitive the FM tuner is, even in it's current condition. Ahh, the little pleasures in life.... tubes rule!

Marc
Old 8th April 2007, 05:28 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Well, I'm almost surprised that no one has chimed in here. Honestly, I wasn't sure where to post this to begin with. It has tubes.... AND a PP amp....

Regardless, it does work. Was hoping to find SOME info on this old receiver, but I think I can pick through it without a schematic. It plays distorted, like the signal is too loud. Time to pull out the scope and check caps. I should have my Eico 666 finished soon as well to go through all the tubes. What thrills me most is the fact that this Knight is REALLY clean to begin with.

If anyone just happens to have a diagram for it, PLEASE let me know anyway. I'd much appreciate it.

So far I've learned a HUGE amount just by reading here, so thanks for that! I wouldn't have tried any of this a few months ago.

Marc
Old 8th April 2007, 06:58 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

The caps are bad... check the grid terminals for positive voltage, indicating capacitor leakage. Or just save time and change 'em...

This one isn't listed in the Sams index, but somebody may have a schematic...
Old 8th April 2007, 11:57 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

That's the plan. Change em all.

Hide this!Advertise here!