• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Research Dual 75 Capacitor Source?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There's a good chance I'll need to replace the filter caps on my ARC Dual 75. ARC wants $55 apiece for six, and $330 for caps is not in my budget right now.

Does anyone know where I could find some 600mfd 300V caps or close? I'm not sure of the name for the mounting type, but they're mounted on a circuit board with four twisted solder tabs. Three of the tabs go to ground and one is positive. They're cylindrical, about 1.25" wide by 6" long. Most are Cornell, one is Aero M. Since they have to squeeze between the transformers, I'm limited to that diameter or a little bigger.

I've checked Digi-Key and Mouser. Aero doesn't seem to make them any more.

Thanks,
Neddyboy

I think the style is called "twist-loc", and you can rest assured that ARC is buying them from some standard source, and marking them up by 2-5X or more. Try the remaining old line suppliers like Allied, Newark, and Future. I haven't been buying parts for a couple years, and the names change, but I think those two are still under the same names. They usually have people that are very good at finding things :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.