• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

12AU7 SRPP buffer suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, I guess it could be worse. My B+ voltage is 315, so I'll probably try to fit a 470uF 450V electrolytic per channel (or as large as I can in a 2" deep chassis). I just hope it doesn't decide to blow any time soon. Is there any way to make sure that DC never passes through?

I also have two 100uF 330VAC motor run caps. They'd look really sweet in a tiny chassis. I'm not sure if a 50Hz -6dB point is reasonable though...

Actually I've been messing around some more in TubeCAD with this schematic except with a 32-ohm load. Everything holds constant, and I get a 10.4Hz -3dB point using a 220uF capacitor on the output. A 470uF capacitor nets me just under 5Hz for this point. Of course I'll use capacitors that meet safety requirements, but space is also a concern. The plate voltage on the tube, TubeCAD doesn't saw which, is 121V. Does this mean that I can use a capacitor with a rating of 200V or something?

salas said:
Can you show a single ended single stage portion for driving 100K?
After learning a little bit, I can. Just take the CF part, disregard the coupling capacitor into the upper tube, and input there. Gain is just under 1 and the stage should have NO problem driving a 100K load. You could even use a .22uF capacitor and still have a corner frequency of 7Hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.