• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

I meet Mr. Morgan Jones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We actually did finally get the leakage inductance measurements going without invoking the Smoke Gods. All we found out was that my OPTs were good enough that I'd need a much higher frequency capability in my test gear to get sensible numbers using this method. Grabbing a power transformer, we had a much easier time seeing the effects below my cutoff (~85kHz). More on this method will appear in "Building Valve Amplifiers" 2nd Edition.

It seems like every time Morgan and SY get together, the proceedings are awash in high-test potables. My liver (and my throbbing head) wouldn't be up to the abuse. It's a tribute to their capacity that such a small quantity of smoke has been released (so far). But then, vacuum-state stuff has "guidelines" rather than hard maximums...

SY - how do you view Chi-town vs. Austin?

The Terman books kick A**. Terman at Stanford was one of the nucleating points for the Silicon Valley tech explosion.

Last edited:
Yves, that's all anyone has, the 2nd is still under preparation. We added a few nuggets to it this weekend, not entirely intentionally.

w1, I miss the intimacy of Austin's music scene, but the variety and quantity here are remarkable. Much more jazz and blues, much fewer really novel singer-songwriters.

Yves, that's all anyone has, the 2nd is still under preparation.

Oh, well . . .

Here is how I do . . . up to now . . .

Lf_et_Cp.gif

Yves.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.