• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Any spice models around for AA5-esque battery tubes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can't help with Spice.

The tube complement I can help with. 1R5 pentagrid converter as combined 1st detector/local oscillator. 1T4 remote cutoff pentode as IF amp. 1S5 diode/pentode as 2nd detector/AGC rectifier and AF voltage gain. 3S4 as audio O/P.

67.5 V. B+ is enough. You'd want 90 V. B+ for a 3V4 "final".

If you can scrounge up a 3 section tuning cap., a 1U4 TRF gain block will IMPROVE image rejection.

Eli Duttman said:
I can't help with Spice.

The tube complement I can help with. 1R5 pentagrid converter as combined 1st detector/local oscillator. 1T4 remote cutoff pentode as IF amp. 1S5 diode/pentode as 2nd detector/AGC rectifier and AF voltage gain. 3S4 as audio O/P.

67.5 V. B+ is enough. You'd want 90 V. B+ for a 3V4 "final".

If you can scrounge up a 3 section tuning cap., a 1U4 TRF gain block will IMPROVE image rejection.

Thanx. I am trying to spice a few things to improve my understanding and to experiment... for example, I still can't get simple AVC like you see in these old radios to work right unless i dupe a previous circuit. i also have piles of those little directly heated pentodes around and want to experiment with them a bit, but would rather spice the whole thing first.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.