• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

More wasted space

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Havnt had a connection for a bit so Im posting this up from a friends house. This is a very nice sounding little hybrid amp that i built recently. schematic is in 2 parts starting with the tube front end. I could tell you how i think this arraingement works but it would probly be false and misleading and im not in the habit of spreading propaganda. have fun and enjoy.

p.s. sorry for th e poor quality just did them up quick with paint.

Attachments

• tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 475
SY said:
rdf did some work on this and found it to be a detriment. When you calculate how much capacitance you need to effectively bypass something with a 5 or 6 ohm impedance, you're talking about a pretty big cap, so the bypassing may be adding more than it's taking away.

Hadn't thought of it that way. So it "suck it and see" as our friends from down unda might say.

Sheldon

Yes Sy eliminating the cap made a small but noticable difference. It seemed to make the amp sound "faster" most noticably in the midbass area. Made a couple of changes as well to schematic. I eliminated feedback alltogether and raised the 2.2k resistor in the tube section to 4.7k to raise the gain and eliminate the need for a preamp. It sounds much more open without the feedback and seems much easier for the source to drive it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.