• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Kailin CMPDH300 Tube Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry Frank I think you did say what it was.

Attachments

• f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 204
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
AMPS AND RESISTORS.

Hi,

All I can do is take a wild guess at this...

On the first pic I assume some excess voltage for the DC heaters being burned off by putting 3 resistors in paralel,total dissipation ~15W.
They could be O.K. though as they seem to be "glued' together?

On the second pic I see a resistor burned out and no way to tell what it was so you'll need to find and measure the same one on the other channel.

The more I look at it the more I get the impression someone really butchered this amp...such a shame,really.

Having a competent person over to take a look would surely be helpful or as Dave suggested,try to trace it yourself.

Cheers,;)

Yah does not make sense to plug it in after getting hammered like that. Well as soon as my buddy Steve has time to come over I will get a handle on things. I was not sure how familiar he was with tubes but hetells me he has experience in this catagory .
He's no spring chicken .:nod:

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 198
latest development

Well I have taken the next step. My good freind Steve is now my best freind ever.
He was quite positive till he seen the disaster I placed in front of him.
Another develpment is that I was contacted recently by someone who has the same Identical Kailin amp. He had the same sort of problem with no schematics. However his looks 100% better than mine at this stage.
Here is a note he went with 300B's . Without shematics he was having trouble with bias.
Trouble is somehow I deleted his message .Hopefully he will see this and resend his last message. Had some important tidbits in there.
He did say that he got the amp to work for a short few minutes and then it died.
But for those short few minutes it sounded incredible.

So far it's all good :nod:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.