• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

foolish notion, 12GN7 model?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this foolish notion of building an input xformer coupled PP amp with a differential mu stage thingy as the voltage amp/ driver stage. I'm thinking of using a 12GN7 / 12HG7 as the plate load ....would any one have an LT spice model that could be shared? Or some other hi gm pentode? I'd be very greatful.

Or maybe someone could talk me out of it?

Hey-Hey!!!,
I have done similar. It was a cascode of two 12GN7, the lower one triode strapped and the upper running as a pentode. Output Z was ~80R at 9 mA. It was for a linestage plate load, and I ran a single L-C filter for the PS and ran the pentodes on 12.6VAC. The amplifier triode was the 12B4 and it's held the record for unmolested operation and exclusion from parts-donor status for new projects.

If you want to use a single, it should be fairly easy, if you want to run two, you will need to figure out some voltage refrences...:)
cheers,
Douglas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.