• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

How cool is tube deep cooling?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
As an Electrical Engineer (...not audio, well not at this time...) I design high value products for the mass market. I design using materials with a known and agreed specification, and design them into systems / products to achieve an agreed operational specification. When a customer buys a product we know what they are getting because we designed it, and we know how it will perform for them, and how long it will last.

The systems / products are designed to function from -18° to +45° Celsius. If someone then took one of our products / my designs and deliberately froze or heated it beyond it's specified operating range the following would result:
1) Any change invoked would take the unit away from specificiation and hence away from it's design objectives and proven performance.
2) The warranty would be invalidated.
3) I would feel dissapointed that folk can be so gullible.
4) I would ask people who are chasing such false hopes to consider the psychological aspects of their desires.
5) I would feel annoyed that the laws of our society allowed such nonsense to be freely promoted.
6) I would feel free to mock the hard-of-thinking, to some degree.

Sometimes similar things can sound different; however some things are objectively measureable, and pre / post-process differences of a sub-system component are finitely measureable...

If a process - such as freezing - results in a change to the physical properties of the subject (tube, cable, or whatever) then those properties can be objectively measured and compared. I suggest that not one of the "Hi-Fi-Freezers" (copyright Gordy 2007) will ever produce objective proof under controlled circumstances, and that they will forever rely upon false hopes and subjective hype to justify their market existence.

It's cr4p.

Get a grip.

I guess that you can tell where I stand on the subject.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.