• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Duncan Amps spice model docs...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there any reason that people are aware of why the docs & test results have been removed from the Duncan Amps generic triode spice models?

I'm looking to model with LTspice, and was hoping to use their stuff but I'd like to look at the docs (even though the pspice deck is pretty well documented).

I'm not a big fan of software modelling, especially with something as arcane and thaumaturgic as glassware, but I'm getting a bit cheesed off with calculating everything by hand...

doesn't thaumaturgic relate to charming snakes ? -- like Moses before Pharoh?

i've found that the models are approximate only -- there isn't a lot of magic in it -- the improved Koren models took quite a while for me to get all the parenthesis in the righ place (thanks to a DIYAUDIO member I eventually got it right) -- but when you compare the plots with those you expect from the RDH...

here's a hint for spice and tubes or transistors -- use the piece-wise controlled voltage function like a ramp generator (or a triangle wave function generator) -- I haven't been succesful in getting national instruments to incorporate a tracer in Multisim -- with the PWVS you can compare the characteristic curve of your model with the RDH or sylvania guidebook.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.