• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Stereo Driver PCB for PP Amp (EL34/KT88)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another KT88 Driver PCB, similar size to ST70

Just finished another PCB using the toner transfer method. This time a driver for KT88 amp, using Russian 6H6N LTP with CCS driven by 6SN7 first stage. The PCB is a little larger than the ST70 PCB to get the CCS heat sinks to fit. The amp was first designed around the old 7199 PCB to clone the ST70, but with all of the input on better tubes, it is evolving. Added balance to the bias to reduce dependence on having to buy perfectly matched pairs/quads, adjustable CCS on the LTP and gain adjustment on the input stage. The 6H6N tube was described as an excellent driver with neutral influence on the tonal quality. The 6SN7's have just been the opposite. Lots of tonal characteristic based on vintage and supplier. Sounds like fun to find the perfect tube to compliment the room characteristics..

I will try to work on it over the holidays after the elves get the compactron amp completed. I'l have to do another one for me , the current compactron is a stocking stuffer.

Attachments

• kt88-2.jpg
    kt88-2.jpg
    737.3 KB · Views: 314
  • kt88-1a.jpg
    kt88-1a.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 285
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.