Auto Bias? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th February 2007, 04:33 AM   #1
lpd is offline lpd  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Auto Bias?

I recently picked up an Audionics BA-150 in a trade. The output tubes were damaged during shipping and I popped in a few I had (one survived the trip). I have a hum in one channel with low distorted output, while the other channel appears to operate fine. I swap outputs and the hum moves, ok easy repair, replace the tube.

The other problem I've noticed is that the auto bias has led's which should flicker and adjust the bias as needed. Apparently if they are on solid then its a tube problem and or a circuit problem. Could the one faulty tube cause problems with bias in both channels? Both led's are solid in color when operating.

Here's a schematic for the amp..... just wondering if I should look at anything else. I have replacement tubes on route but it may take a few days to arrive.

Schematic

This is David Berning's version but the same amp.

Hide this!Advertise here!