• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

PP- which input/splitter topology??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bandersnatch said:
Dear Wavebourn,
Ummm, nobody claimed it was linear FB that did it. It looks to me that it is taking advantage of non-linear behaviour to work. Why you think the Fourier Transform is silly raises some more questions about your means of analyzing the WEHE performance. Just because the Earth looks flat is no reason to believe that it is.
cheers,
Douglas

Because my conclusions are based on understanding of Fourier Transform and on linearity of capacitirs and resistors added in feedback. So if you call my conclusions silly, silly are Fourier Transforms.

Again, I agree that if to linearize output tubes more impact on resulting nonliniarities will be from preamp/phase splitter, so observed results will be seen. But no matter how linear each half of symmetrical output stage will be, the fact of symmetricity will compensate even order harmonics.

Actually, the number of harmonic from which the compensation takes place depends on degree of symmetricity.

Take strict meander and loose all even order harmonics starting from 2'nd one.
Take twice shorter impulses and get 4'th and higher order harmonics lost, and so on.

It is the same like white is white, black is black.

Here I mean compensation of own harmonics added by the output stage, however it has nothing to do with harmonics added by cascades before the symmetrical output one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.