• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

series connection of filament in push pull output stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Nick,
If you stop by sometime I think I can measure the secondary resistance of your filament transformer. I have a keithley 2002 lab meter with 4 wire resistance measurement capability and it can measure down into the milliohm range.

I am not certain of a good way to measure the esr in such a large cap, although presumably you could do it using 60Hz sinewave and a series resistance where presumably the ESL would be irrelevant.

The filter caps for the plate supply have changed I have 2 20mfd 2 kvdc caps on the way they are oil caps.

I still may use the electrolytics to push up the capacitance sense now I am pulling less current through it before I did the math and for 1% ripple I need something like 63,000mfd which isn't going to happen.

As for the fil. transformer I dont think I could buy better one atleast for no less the a few hundered buck they are over built got them from a old lamda rack mount power supply.

So now I need to buy 4 more rec's and figuare out a het sink.

Nick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.