6P15P Tubes: Push Pull Possible? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th January 2007, 01:37 AM   #11
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Anatoliy,
I have removed some previous posts that were off topic from both of us. I was "pulling your leg" a little.

-Chris
Old 27th January 2007, 01:53 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally posted by anatech
Hi Anatoliy,
I have removed some previous posts that were off topic from both of us. I was "pulling your leg" a little.

-Chris
No, it was not off-topic, the topic is about 6P15P as a some kind of special tube about which maal1605 is not sure.

I am neither, but I believe that it is EL84 with additional lead for the 3'd grid, and with different specs to guarrantee better linearity.

Another similar example is 6P3S-E that by specs may be regarded as very weak version of 6L6 with 5W output only.

In my amps 4 of them (2 in parallel) give 80W easily, no difference between them and 6L6GC in the application.

Where is the point?

The point is in specs for much longer guarranteed by manufacturer life than ordinary 6L6...

I believe, 200V limit on the 2'nd grid of 6P15P is from the same opera, to guarrantee specified linearity.

But I am not sure, I need to check before drawing the conclusion.

Chris, you removed your off-topics and my posts right on-topic.

Old 27th January 2007, 01:59 AM   #13
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Chris, you removed your off-topics and my posts right on-topic.
That is an incredibly narrow viewpoint and I disagree completely. I thought I was completely fair.

-Chris
Old 27th January 2007, 10:29 AM   #14
Zibi is offline Zibi  Poland
diyAudio Member

http://www.klausmobile.narod.ru/testerfiles/6p15p.htm
Old 27th January 2007, 10:30 AM   #15
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by maal1605
[Scroll down to the schematics. Itīs easy and cheap to build, and what iīve heard it sounds really nice. To you think itīs possible to replace the EL84 with my Russian tube 6P15P in this curcuit?
Given that the B+ for this is 40V, i'd say yes. Do i read right that this amp pumps out 200 mW?

dave
Old 27th January 2007, 02:09 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10

Given that the B+ for this is 40V, i'd say yes. Do i read right that this amp pumps out 200 mW?

dave
Sorry to say, but i donīt know. The manual says that the power is more than enough for a pair of headphones with 32Ώ impedance, defiance to the low anodevoltage (40v). I hope i can test the project later to day. I got the tube sockets yesterday. I gonna test it first with the 2 Sovtek EL84-tubes, and if everything sounds good....do i have courage to test with 2 of the 6p15p-tubes. The pinout isīn the same, right? Pin 3 & 6 are connected together on the EL84, but not on the Russians...do i have to connect those 2 together?
Old 27th January 2007, 04:58 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Thank you!

Curves are ideitical...

Click the image to open in full size.

I suppose some guys in Soviet institute got a huge premium for "Development Of New Very Linear High Frequency Pentode"

maal1605, you will get no differences between 6P15P and EL84 so better save money and use what tubes you already have.

Old 27th January 2007, 06:51 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Wavebourn

Thank you!

Curves are ideitical...

Click the image to open in full size.

I suppose some guys in Soviet institute got a huge premium for "Development Of New Very Linear High Frequency Pentode"

maal1605, you will get no differences between 6P15P and EL84 so better save money and use what tubes you already have.

Ok, thanks . But i suppose i have to take care of the 2nd grid voltage limit of 150v? I read about an amp where theese tubes is included and the limit of voltage was much higher than the recommended limit. The operation time is set to 3000h. But if the voltage is twice that, i guess the tube is going to die much earlier, or am i wrong? Under the past week iīve read a lot about this tube. And i have to say, itīs a little bit confusing. Because som amp-builders says the EL84īs is 100% replaceable with the 6P15P-tube, and some says itīs not . Anyway, do you have any suggestoins about a push pull amp with EL84 and the 6P15p tube is useable? I doesnīt have to be to complicated. Some good links maby ?
Old 27th January 2007, 06:55 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by maal1605

Ok, thanks . But i suppose i have to take care of the 2nd grid voltage limit of 150v?
I don't think so.
Devices with electrodes of the same size and shape that produce the same curves can't be different. Except probably more precision grid alinments in 6P15P.
However, I may be wrong, and the 2'nd grid in 6P15P have more turns than in EL84 and it is invisible through the hole in plate. I don't have dead tubes to break them and carefully inspect what is inside, so can't guarantee. But it may be tested by comparing 2'nd grid current curves.

Speaking of push-pull amps, you may find a lot of schematics here and on external sites that use such tubes if to use "search" functions. Push - pull amp is the compromise between sound quality and power consumption. You may have more audio power in Push-Pull arrangement than from ordinary amp using the same tubes and dissipating the same heat.

Old 27th January 2007, 09:01 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Wavebourn

I don't think so.
Devices with electrodes of the same size and shape that produce the same curves can't be different. Except probably more precision grid alinments in 6P15P.
However, I may be wrong, and the 2'nd grid in 6P15P have more turns than in EL84 and it is invisible through the hole in plate. I don't have dead tubes to break them and carefully inspect what is inside, so can't guarantee. But it may be tested by comparing 2'nd grid current curves.

Speaking of push-pull amps, you may find a lot of schematics here and on external sites that use such tubes if to use "search" functions. Push - pull amp is the compromise between sound quality and power consumption. You may have more audio power in Push-Pull arrangement than from ordinary amp using the same tubes and dissipating the same heat.

Ok, thanks very much for your support . I gonna keep on searching. Thanks!

Hide this!Advertise here!