• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6P15P Tubes: Push Pull Possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Duncan labs lists it as Z OUT. Reflected impedance? And having read Gogol, Turgenev, Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy I really wish I could read Russian, but alas I can't.

Sure, because Gogol, Turgenev, Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy had no clue what plate curves mean. :)

By the way, Tolstoy wrote between lines, and in translation it is lost. For example, if to read Pierre's letter to Natasha through the line the meaning is completely different. It is about plain and straight sexual desire. :D

Remove even lines and translate by Google. :)

Дорогая Наташа, в тот великолепный летний вечер,
когда я встретил вас на балу у императора,
я понял, что всю жизнь хотел иметь
жену, такую же прекрасную, как и вы. Я глядел на
вас весь вечер, не отрываясь ни на минуту,
всматривался в ваше малейшее движение, пытался заглянуть
в каждое, пусть самое маленькое, отверстие
вашей души. Я ни на секунду не отводил глаз от
вашего великолепного тела. Но увы, все мои усилия,
чтобы привлечь ваше внимание были безуспешны. Я думаю, что
будут лишь пустой тратой времени
все мольбы и обещания с моей стороны.
Ибо я знаю, что у меня слишком маленький
статус в империи. Достоен вас лишь королевского двора постоянный
член. Но все же хочу вас заверить, что
вы самое прекрасное существо на свете.
Я никогда, никогда не встречал такой у-
дивительной женщины, которая так много сделала для нашей
родины. И лишь ваша преогромнейшая
скромность скрывает это. Мое сердце разрывает
грудь, заставляет желать вас!
Наташа, я люблю вас!
Пьер Безухов 21.X.1807.

PS: pardon for off-topic. :)

Last edited:
I will. My favorite parts of War And Peace are the description of Borodino. I can still see the clearing in the woods the road and the bridge as well as the bodies. My other favorite part is the description of Napoleon pacing petulantly on the hill overlooking Moscow waiting for the Russians to surrender.

But my favorite Tolstoy is Levin's Story in Anna Karenina. The three chapters where he helps with the harvest are incredible. In the West we only see Anna's story because its tragic and makes a great movie, suicide at the train station ending... But Constantin's story is the greatest male romance, (the only?) ever written.

And then Dead Souls, the perfect fictionalized account of absurd Russian bureaucracy...

"My name is Anna. I don't want to make decisions. I am just waiting for a train" :)

Yes, Tolstoy was great writer and thinker.

By the way, back to load lines: output resistance is dV/dI -- i.e. take small change of voltage on graphs and see which change of current it causes, then divide. It is simple. For pentode you will get huge value. That's why pentode amps always use negative feedback. Except special cases when designers want huge output resistance, for "current drive" of speakers.

Here is data for audio amp (ClassA-SE) for EL83:

Attachments

• 217.jpg
    217.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 463
Hey guys,
I built an RH84 using 6p15p. The voltages and amperage are correct 317 B+, 175 B+ on the 12AT7, 6.5ma on the 12AT7 and 33ma on the outputs. But I have massive distortion. On the bottom of the waveform at the output it clips really early. I went back and started at the input, the sine wave was fine. Then at the other end of the shielded interconnect wire just before the 220 ohm resistor between the input and the grid, the top of the waveform becomes very pointed when I turn it up. Since the problem is now with the TOP of the waveform is the 12AT7 grid being driven positive?

It is technical forum Svetlana. Please explain what do you mean. Without your usual esoteric arguments.

У 6П15П ветви смещения выгнуты посередине наружу, это значит, что приращение тока от приращения напряжения нелинейное, уши это чувствуют. По линейности она проигрывает EL83. Халява в очередной раз не проходит. Бесплатный сыр только в мышеловке.

In 6P15P branch offset dished out in the middle , which means that the increase in the current from the voltage increment nonlinear , ears, feel it.By linearity, it loses EL83.
(Sorry for bad English, taught German.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.