Repair a tube tester?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So i have a Senncor Mighty Mite II tube tester that my dad pulled off eBay for me for Christmas. Hooray for enablers of the tube obsession!

But then I powered it up to test a few tubes, and the needle on the meter won't move. I checked and rechecked that I had everything in the right place, I adjusted the calibration screw to its extremes, and I tried out three different 12au7s....all I have on hand right now as I haven't QUITE got around to being able to afford building anything major.

So...do I have dud? The tester lights up underneath, and the tube heaters glow, so I know it's running current through the tubes. Is there any way to repair this thing? Something I should know that I don't?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Evan

Testers are usualy pretty simple,circuit-wise...All the wiring running between all the sockets/switches can get confusing though!

I'd replace any caps,and selenium rectifiers that may be inside there..
Couldn't hurt to check the resistors and replace any that are out-of-spec too.

I just partially re-built my Eico 667..Couple caps and silicon diodes later,it's as good as new!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.