• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Aikido hum has me stumped !!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jarthel,

I like the web-page that you posted. I'll have to see how to implement the high-current safety.

Right now, I have both chassis plates connected to IEC earth using star washers, and the PSU/Aikido connects to earth via the chassis, although I am not using a star washer for this. My transformers have the paint scraped off on mouting leg and a connected to the chassis with a star washer. However, I have not connected the center tap of the 125-0-125VAC to anything. Should this be connected to IEC earth? The 6.3VAC has a center-tap which is connected to 1/4 B+ reference, so it does find a way to earth (eventually, I think).

I may also see a significant drop in hum, if I connect the Aikido to the same outlet as my main amp. All my HiFi gear is connected to a Monster power conditioner. I suppose that I should plug the Aikido into the same conditioner.

Thanks,
Charlie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.