• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help 6G-E12A pinout??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Anyone any ideas for this one? I got it out of a Sansui 250 if that narrows it down at all.

I can't find much info at all but I want to make use of it as a level meter. Just a list of pins would get me where I want. Or a schematic of anything that uses them... I believe that the 6G-E12 and 6G-E12A have the same pinout but no other substitutes.

Well, thanks all!

Hmmmm... Interesting.

If I could find something working that uses one I could trace/measure and work it out from there - don't worry, I'm not asking you to stick probes in your Fisher! Unfortunately for me these seem quite rare and any equipment that uses them is rarer still.

On this trading idea front - seeing as I only want to experiment with something you don't see much anymore and these things seem as rare as they do - I might be able to be persuaded to part with it. How persuasive can you be?

Well, I don't recall how bright the eye tube was in the Fisher - do you know if yours worked? I have a few each of the 6AF6 (dual sector display) and 6AL7 (dual bar) that should also work for a level meter... I have a Radio Craftsmen tuner that uses a 6AL7, and I once had a radio that used the 6AF6, but supply seems greater than demand for these. I'll trade two of either or one of each for the 6G-E12, as long as it's as least as good as the one I have now.
You can see what the display patterns look like here: http://www.akh.se/tubes/eyes.htm

Hi again, sorry for the delay but I've been away...

I'd be up for a swap for one of each to play with. To the best of my knowledge the 6G-E12A is a good'un as it was working fine last time I had it powered. That was a few years back but it's been stored sensibly since then and all the tubes I had stored with it still work and test good. (I know what they all are...)

I think it would be best for us both to check postage rates for this as it may come to more than the cost of the tubes!
You can email me if you want to continue the discussion.

All the best.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.