Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th December 2006, 03:48 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert McLean

If you search this forum for "Curve Captor" you will find a very useful program for generating triode spice models.

I have downloaded Curve Captor... both Mac and Win binaries, but I can't get them to compile properly on either platform. I did manage to get the Windows version to "compile", there were a few errors, so it crashes shortly after startup. I even e mailed Andrei about a year ago, and followed his instructions, but no go.

Maybe that'll be my new year's resolution... to get that program running.
Old 30th December 2006, 08:27 PM   #12
lndm is offline lndm  Australia
diyAudio Member

Andrei has a few models on his site
http://home.netcom.com/~wb2jia/tubes/spice3.txt
Most recently I used his 417A model on this page. There are several models for each valve, you need to switch the comment marks to select one. I use Circuitmaker 2000 and I needed to change the syntax (m to e-3) within the line of interest and then imported it.

Korens model is there for the 417. I think the 12AX7 is on the previous page in Andreis site but I don't recall whether Korens version is there.
Old 31st December 2006, 02:57 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

i have been tweking the parameters by hand, and I have a 12ax7 and 6sn7 based on a curve captor anode model that someone traced out... almost dead on the data sheets now, but it is a lot of tweaking and trial and error. What i REALLY need to do is get ahold of some traces of new manufacture tubes so that I can design models around them.
Old 31st December 2006, 11:18 AM   #14
Joel is offline Joel  United States
diyAudio Member

I used CurveCaptor to generate models for 6SN7, 12AX7, 12AU7, 12AT7, ECC88, 6C4Pi, and 6C45Pi.

http://www.joeltunnah.com
Old 31st December 2006, 05:20 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Joel
I used CurveCaptor to generate models for 6SN7, 12AX7, 12AU7, 12AT7, ECC88, 6C4Pi, and 6C45Pi.

http://www.joeltunnah.com
hey Joel. I have been meaning to thank you for posting those, but I haven't seen you around in the last few days.

I have been using models based on the equasions in your models quite a bit this week. Since I can't get Curve Captor to work, the next best thing is finding someone else's traces and tweaking them. They are getting pretty close. They were close to begin with, but i am trying to average the curves from a bunch of data sheets and also make the model work better at higher grid bias levels.
Old 1st January 2007, 01:40 PM   #16
Joel is offline Joel  United States
diyAudio Member

I used the GE datasheets for most of them. Good traces are harder to come by for the Russian tubes.

Joel

Hide this!Advertise here!