• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

A new project, Blue Velvet Pre Amp is ready and rocks ! ! !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On Saturday evening i finished the Blue Velvet pre Amp project designed by thingy
Olsher.

It uses one 6SN7GT - VT231 (NOS KEN-RAD ~ year 1940)per channel, tube rectification by 6X5 (NOS JAN year 1945) and finally tube regulation by VR105. The original schematic uses 5AR4 rect and OA2 for regulation.
The performance is outstanding and together with the Simple EL84PP the system just rocks ! ! !
The sound is extremely balanced and very tranparent also harmonics and sound image are superb.
A tube pre amp to live for.
Some finshing details remaining to complete the total image.
The coupling caps i used in this project are Mundorf Supreme Silver oil and even the run in time are a few hours they seem to be excellent while the resistors are Famus Kiwame form Japan.
As a result i'm very pleased from the total performance while the VR105 with the marvelus blue - purple light are eye candy.

Attachments

• dsc00107_s.jpg
    dsc00107_s.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 684
The gain is around 12 db.
Although according to papers the Simple EL84 doesn't need a pre amp to reach max power, I noticed that working together with the pre amp, the total system has more guts now and someone could say that it's not any long a 10 Watts amp but some more......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.