• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

sub out in my 300b se? Help me please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have recently gone over to a ob b200 system supported by a sub and for simplicity A friend of mine put a sub out in my 300b se amp, just simply splitting the incoming and routing it to a pair of rca. The problem is the sub sounds craaaaaaaap and I need almost all of the gain afforded by the plate amp (250 watt) to get any bass signal. It must need a gain stage or something, Before this I had the cd signal going into one of those very nasty fake surround processor units with the effect turned off but it allowed me two outs, one to the 300b and one to the sub and it sounded fine apart from the fact that you can only listen to one source without unplugging stuff from the back of the amp. How should a pair of sub out's be achieved in my 300b. Many thanks in advance cheers fergs

Hi,

Drive the sub with an attenuator from the 300B outputs.
Get your friend to install it.
Start with ~ in 1.5k ohm - out- ~ 100 ohm - earth.

Technically low bass will not be as clean but it should integrate
in character more seamlessly with the main speakers output.

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.