• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

mystery purchase of the day

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks. Longtime lurker, but first post.

I was at a flea market this weekend, and found what looks to be a pre-amp. It was only $1.00, so I bought it. But I'm not completely sure that it IS a pre-amp.

One reason that I'm skeptical is that the seller also had a sign on an old SS amp that said it was a tube amp, even though you clearly could see that it wasn't if you looked in the grille. Admittedly, what I have looks like a tube pre-amp. But a lot of devices look like tube-preamps.

The photos aren't great, but I tried. There is one RCA jack on the top, and two black jacks, one with 3 small slots and one with 4 slots, towards the edge.

I'm a bit leery about plugging it in and starting to attach signal generators and the like into it, as there's no power or isolation transformer, and I'd prefer not to be killed for the sake of what might be a 1-dollar piece of junk. Unfortunately, no brand or model markings anywhere.

Any opinions on what it is, and whether I got a deal or just blew a buck?

Thanks

Thank you pink mouse.

Let's try this again :)

Attachments

• preamp1.jpg
    preamp1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 385
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.