• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Innovations 800mkiii output trans needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are you sure it's the transformer? Those units are thermally overtaxed,and the power resistors in the associated circuit always burn out. It's been along time since I've played with one, so I could be wrong.

I suspect it originally came through Glen, when it ws new, at Audio Two. And daumier marketing, the original importers (IIRC) are long gone. It could have been Mitch Kowasaki too. Or Evil Solution (Evolution). Ahhh..I forget all the main importers from years gone by.

hey chryslerjay. i did't know that you could get AudioInnovations gear in canada...

AI used very good quality mains and output transformers. You probably have the original output transformer specs.

You could ask Lundahl (Sweden) if they could wind you a new one. Problem there is that even though it might match spec, it may still sound a little different. Then again maybe it would be ok. that's the chance you will have to take.

You could get them to wind you two, but that will cost more $$$.

Also, try boarder patrol in the U.K. to see if they can find you one...

You could also try to find out if AI used this tranny in other equipment, prowl ebay for a few months and maybe get lucky...

Rewinding is serious business. I wouldn't use the wire you got off it in any case. The insulation would be cracked from removal, and that could cause a nasty short :bigeyes: . B+ Bcareful...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.