• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ecl86&ecc85 scheme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As a christmas gift I got ECL86 and output tranny from vintage radio + ECC85. I know I can have some 2watt mono amp based on ecl86 but have no experience in tube amps. Tubes are in a very good condition.
Maybe someone of You have some simple&good scheme for SE using this tube???

Any hints?

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
ECL86

Hi,

You can also look for schematics that uses ECL82, that is pretty much the same tube

Well...not really.

The ECL86/6GW8 is a triode+penthode containing 1/2 of the ECC83/12AX7A + an EL84/6BQ5.

Knowing that,it would be more interesting to look for circuits using exactly those tubes.

So the ECC83 can be used as an input amplifying stage and the EL84 as output tube.

Obviuosly it can be used in SE or PP circuits.

Cheers,;)

fdegrove
what about topology on the attached picture???
i will look also for schemes for 1/2 of the ECC83/12AX7A + and EL84/6BQ5.

Thanks!

Fuling - thanks for links - I'm viewing them now...

Attachments

• 0cb38990.gif
    0cb38990.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 715
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
ECL86

Hi,

okay. so far I have found few solutions on the web, but the most appealing to me is the one below - any comments, hints?

Well,I can give you links to have a dozen more....

This circuit looks like something the guy did for his own fun,adding the EM80,a 10K volume pot,too many adjustable working points to my taste.

At least there is a usable link for the OPT and if it suits your needs as well,why not after all.

Cheers, ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.