• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Where can I find these?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I am in the process of putting together my EL34SET. I have been trying to find some Belden Shielded Twisted Pair wire for my DC heater wiring. I checked out Mouser and their only see in bulk: minimum amount is somewhere between 100 to 200 dollars for 100ft or so. Angela and Vintage tube audio dont seem to have them either. So where online can I buy some good quality STP wire for around 20 to 30 dollars? I just need about 15ft or so. Thanks:)

I assume you mean the heavier gauge stuff, like the stuff in industrial control systems. You can buy that at an electrical supply house, the kind electricians go to. Look in your Yellow Pages.

You can buy the thin stuff at your home store as networking or telephone cable. Just ignore the extra pairs, or twist multiples in parallel.

Now comes the BUT...why STP for a DC heater? If it is DC, just take 2 lengths of hookup wire and twist them. The shield serves no purpose.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have stock on some 1 cond 16 Awg Shielded Teflon silver
Plated using the shield as a conductor will get you your 2
conductor. Also some 4 conductor I think 18 or 20 Awg
also silver plated shielded teflon wire. Twist them too.
If you want smaller I have reguler teflon wire in gauges from
26 Awg to 8 Awg. Prices are on my website under wire

Steve @ Apex Jr.
www.apexjr.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.