• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

new member, and some Electrohome PA100Mk1's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PA100Mk1x3.jpg

New member here, name is Greg. These are my first real tube amps, they've been recapped, some resistors replaced, and they're sounding very, very nice. Just wanted to introduce myself and hope to learn what makes these beuats tick. :cool:

LoL Gregg!!

my first netpay, in 1986 was $255/bi-monthly(iirc), fast forward 20 years and my pay is now almost 10x that, it's gone up some. ;)

...most of my audiogoodies have been of the score variety, I do have about $5K wrapped up in my main-rig though, still a bargain I think! :D

Ok old thread revival time lol!

My ehomes have been in and out of active duty over the years, currently they're out as my new corals are too sensitive, my ehomes exhibit a turn on thump that I've never noticed before and I'm abit worried for my corals.... confirmed next Wednesday is the day I get to bring them to "clinic" and have my friend Peter M work his magic on them! Can't wait to bring them back and wire em up!!

Amps are now tuned up but still some turn off thump so I wired a manual dpdt switch off the amps' spkr terminals, one side to the corals other to a 10ohm/10watt resistor that I switch prior to powering down... Tuned pa100's and beta 8's produce such a beautiful sound!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.