Nuera Tube Amps - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th November 2006, 05:38 PM   #1
croat47 is offline croat47  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Nuera Tube Amps

On the front page of PE:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=306-100

And, there is a 9W SE version with a similar compliment. when you click the "Nuera" Logo on the product page, it takes you to the Tang Band listing for PE.

Anyone know anything about these? Curiousity, if nothing else.
Old 10th November 2006, 10:04 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

has it perhaps imported from China?
Old 11th November 2006, 12:20 AM   #3
croat47 is offline croat47  United States
diyAudio Member

I can not seem to find anything about Nuera...or Nu Era. The Nuera-acoutsics speakers page is sort of defunct. Just odd, but kind of interesting.

Wonder if the parts are worth the price for something to tweek?
Old 11th November 2006, 03:15 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
Default Cheap Chinese

Of course this thing is Chinese!!! You or I crafting something similar would fork out more in parts...
Leave it to the Chinese to destroy the competition in the Hi-end audio market..........when the prospective consumer no longer smirks at the "Made in China" label, you can expect another consumer market to fall to the Chinese.
___________________________________Rick...........
Old 11th November 2006, 04:01 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi all ,

It seems to be made in TAIWAN , there is a lot of difference
of made in China .

Regards for all ,

Carlos
Old 11th November 2006, 04:49 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

well, it seems a fine line between hifi enthusiasts willing to shell out big money, and hifi geeks willing to build their own stuff. maybe this will open a new market, of people in between, or less hardcore than either? it'd be sad if tubes became popular, because i wouldn't be unique, but hey - hifi audio is worth it, even if everybody jumps on the bandwagon. hopefully people will realize that lossy compressed audio isn't worth their time.
Old 11th November 2006, 03:34 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
Perhaps it would be a good thing if the consumer "discovered " tubes.. but I think the public at large is a spoiled, contaminated bunch..they seem entranced by flashy lights & lotsa useless buttons ...kinda like sparkly things attract babies..is the buying public that bad??..Yes I think so.
The "Power rating" lies have so permiated the culture that a step into "reality" and technical accuracy is so much out of reach for most by now, that any return to an "enthusiast" culture by the masses is now not possible.
We need not worry that "outsiders" will encroach onto our world.
_____________________________________Rick......... ....
Old 13th November 2006, 05:29 PM   #8
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I don't think we have to worry about our hobby being rendered very common place. $900 Nuera tube amplifiers whether made in Taiwan or Mainland China are still very expensive to a public used to $250 all in one entertainment centers..

I'd go a couple of steps further (I'm very cynical) and say that most of the public doesn't care two hoots about sound quality, and never did. Add the endless stream of gadgets vying for people's time and money and you can see that the inroads made by tube boosters are impressive enough.

I used to post to Hydrogen Audio Forums where iPod is the very definition of hifi.. Many 20 somethings cannot conceive of analog sound let alone tubes and lps. A very few do seem attracted, I guess there are a few in every crowd... Fortunately...

Look at the classic hifi that people collect today - I remember it in it's heyday and only a very small percentage of very well heeled people owned the stuff..

Heck a Scott 299 in 1961 cost as much as many people made in a month in those days.

My Dad's first hifi system came from one of the few downtown Boston Radio Shack stores in 1961 - and cost $120. It consisted of a Garrard changer with Shure magnetic cartridge, a Realistic Stereodyne/40 amplifier and a pair of Solo II speakers. (A modest, but good sounding system) Relatively speaking the sum of money he spent would probably represent more than $1000 of equivalent purchasing power in current terms.

I doubt our hobby will ever be popular, most people I encounter think I'm a curious anachronism, and for every person I meet who gets it there are at least 20 who don't.

We play with an "obsolete" technology, and if we are lucky sufficient people will remain interested in it that parts, tubes, and other necessities to DIY life will remain relatively available.. And hopefully no one will legislate our inefficient amplifiers into oblivion due to their somewhat higher power consumption.

Old 13th November 2006, 07:54 PM   #9
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Just imagine the only place you could get clean water was at your own home... I'd rather have a world where everyone had clean water so I could drink it whereever I go, and not have to wait till I get back home...

Hi-fi is like caviar... noone gives a hoot about fisheggs until they taste good caviar...
Old 13th November 2006, 09:18 PM   #10
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Nordic, I understand your analogy, and I think it is a clever one, unfortunately the old adage: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.." is much closer to my experience..

And you'd be surprised how many people hate caviar.. (not me)

Of course I may be remarking on cultural differences as much as anything, seems like no one under a certain age here can focus long enough to understand or value the difference. It is no coincidence that most of the people I know who are interested in audio are well over 35..

I have introduced countless non audiophile types to high end tube audio and generally they appreciate my efforts, but are they interested in it.. NO...

Hide this!Advertise here!